Netflix is now rolling out on Reliance Jio Fiber

• Thread starter Thread starter GR2
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 246
  • Views Views 28,561
Something has changed in STB’s quality of picture after this recent update. The screen is all yellow, like night shift feature in iOS devices. The white balance has reduced. This is ugly and the screen looks bad to look at. Anyone else has experienced the same issue ? The Netflix screenshot is from the TV’s app.

Attachments

• 86AF6DB3-D993-4016-8512-00D134D81BE1.webp
    86AF6DB3-D993-4016-8512-00D134D81BE1.webp
    73.5 KB · Views: 190
  • 9E4B377C-B450-47A5-9048-C9F034625A6F.webp
    9E4B377C-B450-47A5-9048-C9F034625A6F.webp
    51.6 KB · Views: 151
Last edited:
Wish my STB was updated so I could tell you😅

Something has changed in STB’s quality of picture after this recent update. The screen is all yellow, like night shift feature in iOS devices. The white balance has reduced. This is ugly and the screen looks bad to look at. Anyone else has experienced the same issue ? The Netflix screenshot is from the TV’s app.
Problem with some app or at every place including Home screen?

try reconnect the hdmi cables. Adjust colour settings in your tv.
If not rectified, reset the stb.

Mine is not updated.

Take same image from stb and tv.

Problem with some app or at every place including Home screen?
try reconnect the hdmi cables. Adjust colour settings in your tv.
If not rectified, reset the stb.

Mine is not updated.

Take same image from stb and tv.
problem with the whole screen. The moment STB comes on, there’s this dirty dull yellow tinge all over. I have seen this same issue in the early days when STB started rolling out last year. After a few weeks back then, the problem got corrected with an update. There’s a thread in this forum discussing the same.

If I turn off the STB and use the apps from my tv, everything works fine.

removing and reattaching hdmi cable did nothing. I will try to reset the STB.

Today CC told me that it will be released STB versions wise. It may take couple of week to complete all batches. Also they told Voice commands working fine and it's not global issue but if it's something related software or firmware of STB then they will fix soon

problem with the whole screen. The moment STB comes on, there’s this dirty dull yellow tinge all over. I have seen this same issue in the early days when STB started rolling out last year.

This may be dumb, but check if your picture settings for the STB input on your TV have been changed. Specifically, check for colour temperature. Change from warm to cool or vice versa and see if that helps. Usually, TVs save different settings for different inputs, thus the STB input picture settings may have got altered, maybe because of the update.

@zervinb That was the first thing I checked. All hdmi picture settings are set to cool.

here’s the old thread where this has been discussed earlier :Reliance Jio Fiber STB picture quality issue. | Reliance JioFiber

I cannot use this STB and will hope they fix it with an update. I am sure it’s something in the STB. It’s not rendering the colors properly and all colors appear washed out. it is utter ugly to look at.

Back