Netflix is now rolling out on Reliance Jio Fiber

• Thread starter Thread starter GR2
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 246
  • Views Views 28,561
I guess it will come late to new users, when you got installation done?

They are randomly releasing the updates for the STB it seems. Not based on any rule like area wise or the duration of the connection. I am a customer since April 2019 and still haven't got the latest update whereas many people who just joined this month have got it.
It is a matter of waiting patiently (like it is always with Jio).
'Random' and 'Gradual' sums up whatever changes Jio makes.

They are randomly releasing the updates for the STB it seems. Not based on any rule like area wise or the duration of the connection. I am a customer since April 2019 and still haven't got the latest update whereas many people who just joined this month have got it.
It is a matter of waiting patiently (like it is always with Jio).
'Random' and 'Gradual' sums up whatever changes Jio makes.
yeah. same like jio ont updates and symmetric speeds

Got the Netflix update on STB but it was freaky. My Tv controls the STB. I usually put the STB in standby mode, but today at 5 AM the TV switched on automatically and STB demo started playing. I was scared to death to go to the living room 😱

Any idea what may have happened ? Should I be switching off the STB completely at night ? Don’t want another horror incidence lol

Also, are there any advantages of Playing Netflix through the STB vs the Netflix app installed on the TV’s software directly ?

Got the Netflix update on STB but it was freaky. My Tv controls the STB. I usually put the STB in standby mode, but today at 5 AM the TV switched on automatically and STB demo started playing. I was scared to death to go to the living room 😱

Any idea what may have happened ? Should I be switching off the STB completely at night ? Don’t want another horror incidence lol
Don't worry. Don't scream. Neighbors will disturb:D

It's feature to wake the device when it's in sleep mode.
When the tv or stb on, it trigers the other devices to unlock from sleep/stanby mode. That is a feature, hdmi ports support that.

Standby mode is like locking the screen in mobile. It's not powering off. To save stb and power switchoff at nights and not going to use for long hours.

Also, are there any advantages of Playing Netflix through the STB vs the Netflix app installed on the TV’s software directly ?
No.

Back