New Channel List and Packages from Videocon D2H

• Thread starter Thread starter Sushubh
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 35
  • Views Views 9,497

Source

it is kind of hard to check because the UI to compare channels is not very good.

when you select your custom package... d2h shows your package along with a package that it suggests on its own. there is a submit button. it is not clear which one is actually submitted as you cannot select one of the two. and nothing really happens on submitting. i got no email. no sms. not sure what's happening at the moment.

N3HFErW.png
Same with Airtel. It recommends some Pack for around 699.
Also after I submitted my selected pack, I got on-screen message that pack would be activated on 02-Feb. But no sms or email from Airtel.

it is likely that this might get delayed even further. i think a hearing involving Tata Sky is scheduled for 23rd.
i would be more than happy if this applies instantly. dad's tv package price is dropping down from 475 to 180 rupees. of course i have to get rid of pretty much any channel that my niece or mom would watch. but this particular tv is used by dad 99% of the times and it makes very little sense to pay more than double just for that rare chance that mom/niece might use this tv.

After taking very realistic approach about selecting channels we really watched in last month, My cost came down from 600 to 500, which is still better I think :)

i just hope that they make it easy to add/remove channel in coming months. d2h has a shitty app. this kind of structure needs a proper app where one can opt-in and opt-out of individual channel and packages on demand. even if they require the user to subscribe for 30 days.

so d2h website is completely down at the moment. was working great few minutes ago. logged in just fine. backend did not show the channels i picked few days ago. in fact, the moment i loaded the website it pushed me to pack creation page. with nothing selected. so there are two possibilities...

• what i did that day is lost.
  • they have no idea what they are going to do today.

checked the tv. nothing seems to have changed. all channels are working. surprisingly, found out that hd channels are also working at the moment. not sure if they have been working for all this time? was i paying for them all this time? lol.

anyhow. let's see when the shit hits the fan.

can anyone from Videocon D2H pass an update about happening at their, end,. surprisingly customer care is saying the Government has to do enable for them and that they did not get yet..

Back