New ram

• Thread starter Thread starter Deleted member 13033
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 48
  • Views Views 4,695
D

Deleted member 13033

i need to buy a new ram for my PC having board D946GZIS.

It currently has 1.5 gb i think it can support upto 4gb as per intel, will remove that 512mb stick for now.

Intel® Desktop Board D946GZIS — System memory

i can't figure out which one out of the two will work ? 667MHZ is the one I should be getting i think ? but it says 333MHZ

Transcend 2GB DDR2 RAM (JM667QLU-2G) - Buy Computer Components @ Best Price | Snapdeal

Transcend SO 2GB DDR2 RAM (JM667QSU-2G) - Buy Computer Components @ Best Price | Snapdeal

DDR2 RAM is costly!

yup thanks I am just gonna order it off fk was just having a look there too :p

i need to buy a new ram for my PC having board D946GZIS.

It currently has 1.5 gb i think it can support upto 4gb as per intel, will remove that 512mb stick for now.

Intel® Desktop Board D946GZIS — System memory

i can't figure out which one out of the two will work ? 667MHZ is the one I should be getting i think ? but it says 333MHZ

Transcend 2GB DDR2 RAM (JM667QLU-2G) - Buy Computer Components @ Best Price | Snapdeal

Transcend SO 2GB DDR2 RAM (JM667QSU-2G) - Buy Computer Components @ Best Price | Snapdeal

First link is for desktop other is for laptop

ok guys i am gonna upgrade the laptop ram too:

its a i3 lenovo z560 running on 2gb ddr3 ram and most probably its 1066 hz micron ram.

(ram model no. mt16jsf25664hz 1g1f1 1018 2gb 2rx8 pc3 8500, no mention of clock speeds )

so i was thinking of going for this

Transcend DDR3 4 GB Laptop RAM (JM1066KSN-4G) - Transcend: Flipkart.com

as that one is also 1066 hz,

though i can go for a 1333hz one too but i thought to maintain the balance better to go with 1066hz one ?

Run CPU-Z on your PC's and figure out what RAM's a re currently installed, New RAM should be exactly the same.

If you have been using a slower clock frequency earlier, you would need to replace all RAM Sticks to new frequency to let it work flawlessly if your motherboard support upgrading RAM freq.

ok checked laptop it is on 1066 mhz ram. OS is win 7 32 bit on i3 pre installed by Lenovo, because of which ram can't be used by system of more than 4GB.I got 2 options nowRemove 1066mhz ram and add 4GB 1333 mhz ram. If I need more then buy another later. orbuy another 4GB 1066 mhz ram and use existing 2GB 1066mhz , when system is upgraded.Does 1333mhz really make big difference ?

the thing about RAM is that it is best to have same model chips for best results. RAM is fairly cheap these days. i would suggest replace your existing chips with new ones. get the best and most RAM you can afford that your motherboard support. it is one of the cheapest way to get a performance boost on your machine.especially on a laptop considering replacing the processor is not easy.

Back