New ram

• Thread starter Thread starter Deleted member 13033
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 48
  • Views Views 4,695
i would never ever suggest buying ram online...........buy it in a shop , online specification variations keep happening and compatibility issues are common in rams , in store if it doesnt work he will change it or refund

try a bios update

the thing with bios is all options are hidden. I think I am suppose to change some settings in it but there is no option to do so with lenovo. ( the link i posted before)

the thing with bios is all options are hidden. I think I am suppose to change some settings in it but there is no option to do so with lenovo. ( the link i posted before)

Lenovo has a BIOS Setup utility which will let you Select/modify certain things.
have a look at this and then hunt one made for your laptop model number.

OT: i have two sticks of 4 gb ram, identical in every sense installed in my gigabyte MOBO which supports dual channel mode.

But in BIOS during booting it does not displays "running on dual channel memory" though it displays running at 1333 mhz, memory amount etc. In windows CPU-Z and hwinfo shows dual channel mode.

Has gigabyte stopped displaying "dual channel" during booting? Coz when i was using intel MOBO it displayed "running on dual channel".

And i have only 2 ram slots so no mistake of installing the stick in the same color slots

I had recently replaced two 512 mb DDR2 rams with a single 2 GB DDR2 ram on an old sparsely used desktop which had an Asus motherboard. And the motherboard was dual channel but it worked fine and is working like a breeze with Windows 8 too. Though it is recommended to insert two equal rams in dual channel MBs but it hardly matters a lot nowadays if two RAMs are running. It should work fine irrespective of the dual channel or not. Asus motherboards especially are regarded as rough and tough ones which can handle most things that you throw at it.

oh well its about 50% less in length !

Why do I get the feeling you got a Desktop RAM rather than a Laptop model?

maybe its some weird problem with lenovo laptops and their bios.

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/IdeaPad-Y-U-V-Z-and-P-series/Ideapad-Z560-Question-about-Insydeh2O-BIOS-configuration-RAM/td-p/700803

good thing i only bought one stick.

I closed up my laptop I guess it doesn't really matter that much. Thanks all again :)

Only get bios error when this new ram of 4GB is inserted without the other 2GB one.

" The bios on this system is not fully ACPI compliment. Contact vendor.

Technical info: 0x0000000A5 (0X000000016......... ) "

( sorry unable to take the screen shot for now )

What is the maximum RAM capacity of the motherboard. If it is an old computer, it might have problems with restriction of RAM upto a definite configuration only. For example, I had an old C2Duo desktop where 2GB was the maximum memory size allowed which I found by searching the motherboard name in Google/Asus. It might be a thing with compatibility too if it is an old desktop. And are those DDR2 or DDR3 RAMs and what were the old slots for? BTW laptop RAMs would be far smaller in size than desktop ones. Have you checked the frequency and other stuff too.

I had recently replaced two 512 mb DDR2 rams with a single 2 GB DDR2 ram on an old sparsely used desktop which had an Asus motherboard. And the motherboard was dual channel but it worked fine and is working like a breeze with Windows 8 too. Though it is recommended to insert two equal rams in dual channel MBs but it hardly matters a lot nowadays if two RAMs are running. It should work fine irrespective of the dual channel or not. Asus motherboards especially are regarded as rough and tough ones which can handle most things that you throw at it.

I am not saying that my ram is faulty or there is any sort of problem.

Only thing is the Bios does not displays the written text on the lines of "Dual channel memory enabled/running" during the PC Boot process.

Whereas the Cpuz and HWinfo shows dual channel enabled

Why do I get the feeling you got a Desktop RAM rather than a Laptop model?

rofl! nope its laptop one come on yar desktop one won't fit in laptop... :p

Back