New Reliance Big TV DTH Screen Shots taken from Tv Tuner

• Thread starter Thread starter surcal
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 66
  • Views Views 36,362
Looking at a few screenshots, it seems that BigTV will be a platform for ADAG group companies to irritate the subscribers for free. It will be full of advertisements and crawlers.

I am user of Big Tv..I am very sure that commercial launch will take atleast one or two months more, because till now the software is not complete and many bugs in the current sofware.

Hey Guys,I have a quick question.In LCD TVs, we have 2 options - HD Ready and Full HD.Lets take an example of a Sony 32' LCD - HD Ready and Full HD.As we all know, Full HD LCD TVs are always higher in price so if i buy an HD Ready TV, and if BIG TV STB comes with HD compatibility, do i need an another external device to receive HD signals or as if BIG TV STB already comes with HD compatible even HD Ready can show me HD channels without any external device?(I heard - HD Ready means: we need an external device to receive HD contents and Full HD means: it comes with in-built HD that we dont need anything external to receive HD contents - i am asking above question based on this what i heard about HD Ready and Full HD).Please, correct me if i am wrong and if i am right about that difference then please answer my question, if you can.Thanks in advance!

Hey Guys,

(I heard - HD Ready means: we need an external device to receive HD contents and Full HD means: it comes with in-built HD that we dont need anything external to receive HD contents - i am asking above question based on this what i heard about HD Ready and Full HD).

You are wrong. Let me correct you on this

Actually HD ready means TV can display minimum 720 progressive lines of display.
And Full HD ready means TV can display minimum 1080 progressive lines of display.
To actually view HD content on these type of TVs you will need a HD or full HD source of input. You can download some HD movies from the net just to get a feel of what HD would look like.
DVD quality means 480 progressive lines of display.

As we all know, Full HD LCD TVs are always higher in price so if i buy an HD Ready TV, and if BIG TV STB comes with HD compatibility, do i need an another external device to receive HD signals or as if BIG TV STB already comes with HD compatible even HD Ready can show me HD channels without any external device?

As of now none I repeat none of the service providers CAS / DTH / IPTV are giving you HD content and I am sure it will take a long time before thay actually start offering you HD content.
HD STBs are differenet from normal STBs and you will definitely have to purchase a new one.

^^ i may sound sarcastic but trai is doing so much tp in just releasing 3g, so broadcasting hd can be at least 3-4 years away. the only thing that can make it faster is some drastic change at the top order

well already some cabe operators are giving HD channels,shame on the DTH providers of not being the first ones,hell the stb provided by the cable operators are said to have HDMI out as well.:O

well already some cabe operators are giving HD channels,shame on the DTH providers of not being the first ones,hell the stb provided by the cable operators are said to have HDMI out as well.:O
Well sorry but HDMI out capability on the STB does not mean that the broadcaster is transmitting in HD quality. It is only when the channel broadcasters (Sony/ ZEE) start broadcasting in HD (first of all they will have to shoot programmes in HD quality) you will get real HD quality. I seriously doubt anyone in India is giving HD channels.

Back