New Reliance Big TV DTH Screen Shots taken from Tv Tuner

• Thread starter Thread starter surcal
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 66
  • Views Views 36,362
Thanks for the images of STB, Remote and others.... it mentioned on STB "Made in China" - that means, it is not made of korea or taiwan!!Some of the other threads here were mentioned about them and not of "China"...Any way, whatever comes - hope it comes in a BIG way!

You are wrong. Let me correct you on this

Actually HD ready means TV can display minimum 720 progressive lines of display.

Partially correct
HD ready means it can display(Not only accept) High definition signal. It can be 720P or 1080i or even 1080p . But as you were told, the TV does not have a built in HD tuner. You need an antenna with an external tuner (assuming someone is broadcasting in HD) or you need a cable box which has atleast one tuner. If you are getting cable, then the built in tuner is of no use to you
My last HDReady TV was 1080i.
And Full HD ready means TV can display minimum 1080 progressive lines of display.

Correct. Full HD is normally used to signify 1080p signals,. The only common sources currently available are Blue Ray movies and some Play station games. No broadcaster in US offers 1080p broadcast.
In fact there are 1080p HD ready models in US..
but these have a tuner. Else they would be marked as 1080p HD Ready and not as Full HD

DVD quality means 480 progressive lines of display.

for NTSC. yes. and 576 for PAL(I had made this mistake earlier). Also, I am yet to find a progressive encoded Indian movie. Normally they are interlaced. Technically a DVD can handle progressive encoding also. You also need component/HDMI/or DVI to get the progressive signals and your TV should atleast be an EDTV.In fact many of the Hollywood DVDs are also interlaced and not progressive. I am sure that is what Tata Sky will claim when you challenge their 'DVD Quality' claim :-)
As of now none I repeat none of the service providers CAS / DTH / IPTV are giving you HD content

True. But I believe that you can get them from some Malaysian satellites. IN any case, the 2010 Commonwealth games telecast will be in HD. Several channels are rumored to go HD later this year

I think the new software which is updated recently has problems..STB hangs daily two three times.

Thanks for the detailed explanation about HD Ready and Full HD.So, i take it like this--- whether it is HD Ready or Full HD - we need an external device to receive HD signals (or in a simple way, to watch HD movies and HD channels broadcasting by either cable wala or DHT companies?)

Thanks for the detailed explanation about HD Ready and Full HD.

So, i take it like this--- whether it is HD Ready or Full HD - we need an external device to receive HD signals (or in a simple way, to watch HD movies and HD channels broadcasting by either cable wala or DHT companies?)

For cable wallah or DTH, HDTV or HD Ready TV is good enough (Since the cable/DTH box has an HD Tuner). If Doordarshan starts broadcasting HD Over the air, and you want free HDTV, you need an HDTV and NOT an HD Ready TV.

You want a Full HD TV if you plan to buy a PS3 or a Blu Ray player (to take advantage of the 1080p).

Thanks dude..... gr8 info! by the way, i saw big tv today.. u can read that into my another thread...

hello.. the stb also has a usb hub.. have u tried using this ?? can u explain wheather this is to host usb devices or can it transmit audio video signals to the pc too// and what about rf output??

No Idea till now about usb Port backside I tried putting a pen drive in but the light of pen dirve blinked for some seconds and than turned off. No sign of any change on TV display. I think may be internal software needs updating for using any usb components or its only for software updating.

Well sorry but HDMI out capability on the STB does not mean that the broadcaster is transmitting in HD quality. It is only when the channel broadcasters (Sony/ ZEE) start broadcasting in HD (first of all they will have to shoot programmes in HD quality) you will get real HD quality. I seriously doubt anyone in India is giving HD channels.

9X news channel is HD and available in india.

Back