New Reliance Jio Fiber Plans with Symmetric Speeds (starts at 30mbps for Rs. 399)

New plans launched by Jiofiber with symmetric speeds

New Reliance Jio Fiber Plans with symmetric speeds

Source

Last edited by a moderator:
My close peeps caught up yesterday who have good expertise in telecom equipment and infrastructure were discussing a possible Broadband scene in the next 2-3 years.

We do have the best Internet plans, agreed!

How about we get used to 4K content and start doing downloads- STADIA/Steam (Games which are 120-140GB), Backup 4K content to Cloud.

Then that 3300GB which is like a very high FUP number would be nothing.

Demand for higher FUP would increase, Although in coming years the higher FUP say 5-7TB would be available only on ₹1000+ plans (For any Company, End of the day it is ARPU)

Customers do not have the hardware to support 500Mbps or higher plans, that is the reason most of the ISP's have restricted to 300Mbps.

A guy at a leading ISP who works in the backend operations told me, Below pricing structure can be provided at this moment and the ISP would be still profitable.
  • 100Mbps - ₹699 (2TB)
  • 200Mbps - ₹999 (4TB)
  • 300Mbps - ₹1,299 (5TB)
  • 500Mbps - ₹1,999 (6TB)
  • 1Gbps - ₹2,999 (7TB)

The question here is: Can Indian ISP provide 5 to 7TB cap plans. I've seen a 1Gbps, 5TB plan from ACT in Chennai(Jaipur, Lucknow with 150mbps) for 2999, So I know It is possible.

Last edited:
They most certainly can as most of the services you mentioned above are peered really well, so they don't need to pay anything for the transit bandwidth.

Yes, almost 30-40% (Say Netflix, Youtube, P2P, etc) of data can be saved through peering for the ISP.

From what I know the Wholesale bandwidth cost needs to come down. I have not found out what Jio offers for the Leased line, If they reduce it by 10x, That would be a freaking miracle.

At least by 2022 end, I expect 500mbps plan to be under ₹1500/month (with 5-6TB FUP).

For those who are unaware Jio has access to Submarine cables stations in Mumbai and now extending to Digha, WB, and Chennai now.

India-Asia-Xpress (IAX) will connect Mumbai and Chennai to Singapore and interconnect with other Far East countries towards the west coast of the US, while the India-Europe-Xpress (IEX) will connect Mumbai to Europe and interconnect to the east coast of the US.

The two cables are expected to be operational in two years or early 2023.

Last edited:
Every ISP can offer 1Gbps to everyone(@1000-1500 per month, because India's population density).. As per my understanding, it is very much feasible.. as nowadays international bandwidth cost is is negligible & every company is setting up servers in India(data sovereignty;))but the problem is in the non technical field. Right of Way is a major hurdle. When municipalities get road digging requests the actually see paisa :cautious:.a few factors like literacy, corporate greed, use cases for 1gbps also play their part.

Every ISP can offer 1Gbps to everyone(@1000-1500 per month, because India's population density)
That's not true. If that's the case ask your Alliance broadband to provide such speeds/3TB data for 1500₹ (Guy working at Alliance would Grin and ask you to leave the premises)

It's 1000mbps, It costs some monies for the ISP to transfer the speed from their node to you, Also TATA/Airtel would charge ISP.

A little hint .. many isp's (including alliance) was providing 1-2 mpbs for roughly for 1000/-. just 4-5 years now.. Now for the same price we get more than 100mbps. can you imagine. Its all about competition.Thats why every isp is upgrading in fiber optics. when competition will offer cheap 1 gbps(read Jio).. they can too with a flick of a switch..;)

Broadband costs to ISPs are front heavy. They invest a lot of money initially in laying fiber and creating a network. Money spent later in maintaining and upgrading is comparatively small. After that, it's mostly about getting the returns. The fiber cables they lay today will work for decades, and once they recover the cost, they can offer very high speeds for little prices without losses. Fiber is kinda future proof too, new technologies can be built on it like EPON, GPON, NG PON2 and so on by upgrading equipments. The medium i.e. fiber remains same.

Back