No Bridge Mode in ZTE F670LV9.0

• Thread starter Thread starter barryhues
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 124
  • Views Views 39,409
ISP
Airtel
Hello,
I recently got a new Airtel Xstream Broadband connection and was provided with ZTE F670LV9.0 router. I tried to configure Bridge mode but couldn't find any option for it in WAN profile settings. Previously I had BSNL FTTH and Bridge mode was easily configured without any hassle. Please help me how can I enable bridge mode on my router. I live in UP West

I emailed 121@airtel and got a visit from a technician, who refused about bridge mode and it's possibility. How do I pursue this further or get someone more on the technical side from airtel's backend?

Upvote 0
Write to [email protected] stating the experience and asking for bridge mode enabling on your router.
On zte670l the bridge mode is enabled from the backend by airtel noc team. the firmware is not having this feature directly.
i was told by airtel technician that earlier firmware had it but since v12 they removed it
when technician visits ask him to connect to his senior. when technician does not know he starts beating around the bush.
this is classic issue with all isps in india.

Upvote 0
Got bridge mode working

1. Contacted LCO, they asked whether I wanted bridging on whole router or just one port, I specified port 4.
2. After bridging is complete, PPPoE on ZTE router will stop working giving "ISP Timeout"
3. You DO NOT need to create VLAN 100 on PFSense, you can directly create PPPoE on WAN (no VLAN required).
4. Username is "DSL No" under Airtel app and password is your account no.

Next step is to get IPv6, if anyone is on PFSense, please do send screenshot of ur ipv6 config page.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Got bridge mode working

1. Contacted LCO, they asked whether I wanted bridging on whole router or just one port, I specified port 4.
2. After bridging is complete, PPPoE on ZTE router will stop working giving "ISP Timeout"
3. You DO NOT need to create VLAN 100 on PFSense, you can directly create PPPoE on WAN (no VLAN required).
4. Username is "DSL No" under Airtel app and password is your account no.

Next step is to get IPv6, if anyone is on PFSense, please do send screenshot of ur ipv6 config page.
Don't have a screenshot but here is what you need to do

On WAN :
  • IPv6 config type is DHCPv6
  • Use IPv4 Connectivity as Parent Interface

On LAN:
Enable tracking on the LAN interface towards WAN (Airtel PPPoE)

Enable Router Advertisements
  • Use Unmanaged
  • Advertise Default Gateway
  • Advertise DNS if you want to

DHCPv6 is not needed / required

Upvote 0

Back