Nokia E6 User Experience

• Thread starter Thread starter zeitgeist
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 51
  • Views Views 7,946
Blackberry OS is simple???? well i disagree.

+1

cant make out anything from the damn menu icons at all. They all look the same. Have to slowly read below what each icon is and move ahead till you find what ur looking for.

Anyways @ OP. Been a E71 user myself for a couple of years as well and its truly a gem. If you want a plain jane upgrade from your e71 without expecting much new, then the e6 is fine. The only upside of the e6 practically will be the addition of a touchscreen and a brilliant high pixel density screen. Any other cpu/ram upgrades have little value as there are few Symbian apps and the Symbian OS is ageing and cant really exploit the additional horsepower. Infact Nokia has dropped the symbian platform and is shifting to windows phone 7 now.

Not sure why you arent considering android seriously, but do check this phone out. Brilliant value at under 9k with a free jabra BT headset at letsbuy. And android apps can actually make your business phone more productive IMO. Been eyeing this myself, but cant really let go of the e71 yet.

Samsung Galaxy Pro B7510 - Full phone specifications

Android no doubt is hot but sux battery too, people who get calls every 5 mins really need some battery :P and dont forget the 3G devil su*king battery too.Nice phone though :)

Android does not suck battery unless you do tasks that are going to suck battery. If you are only going to use it as a phone in times of emergencies, the battery life is not that bad. I mean I have talked for hours on the phone without any noticeable battery drainage. Playing intensive games on it? Using 3G on it? that is going to drain the battery which is pretty much standard on all devices. Most Blackberry devices are simply incapable of allowing similar level of usability that Android provides. And that is the reason why Blackberry does well in the corporate sector and there alone. I do not know many people who owns a full screen touchscreen blackberry devices. i am sure they suffer the same level of battery drainage as Android does.

Blackberry phones have a messaging client and push email always running in the background and despite that their battery performance is impressive. I tried running whatsapp in the background in my Nokia E5 and battery ran out in less than a day because it was always connected (to EDGE not 3g). on my android phone, weirdly, the battery always seems to run out in a day irrespective of whether the usage is light or heavy. Maybe its some background processes. Anyways, you can always get an aftermarket battery pack. My cousin bought an 1800 mAH battery for his Desire HD and now the battery life is decent.

i had like to hear about battery performance from someone who owns a blackberry torch type full touchscreen device. :)

Specs look good on paper but would not risk doing a pre order as a family member had a v v bad experience with a Nokia phone some time back when it was purchased 3 days after it was launched. Will let others do the beta testing :D Also many of my friends have E71/72 & they have a lot of problems (assorted) so I am apprehensive.

Some people dont even update thr phone software or carry viruses in it. Thats what i get when people tell me that Nokia phone hangs a lot or is really slow etc.Its not that symbian is really fast but if u know abt phone well then thr will be no such big problems. I remember a person came to me when i was promoting E7 phone in a mall, he said ohh it has symbian crap, i bet i will run 5 applications and it will hang.I accepted and gave him the phone and let him choose the applications he wanted, well he lost lol. He was having a iPhone, i said lets do a shock proof test , i will drop my E7 and his iphone at same time to chk the built of phones, well he laughed and moved away in crowd :rofl:

I should have mentioned that my friends I referred to above are all in mid/ senior chaps in the IT field & are conversant with updating of firmware, check the no. of apps running etc & are not given to downloading frivolous apps on to their phones :D. Your experiences mentioned above are the average joe types.

Back