Nokia E6 User Experience

• Thread starter Thread starter zeitgeist
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 51
  • Views Views 7,946
if Nokia was delivering software updates OTA, a lot more people would install them. you want your customers to remain up to date, you make it easier for them. this is the reason why android users are so cynical about software upgrades... and this is also the reason why owners of non-hacked iPhones are usually up to date. most android devices get software updates over the air. Apple makes it extremely easy (though still very painful) to update their iPhones using iTunes. the one time i tried updating a nokia phone using their ovi suite, it was painful. nokia kept on forcing me to install new apps, downloading updates on freshly installed apps to get them up to date. and then download the update. i had to backup everything on the phone. update the phone. restore everything. compare that with an android update. it could take as little as 10 minutes to do it and without requiring a computer. from what i see recent editions of symbian do have OTA facility. but most previous generation nokia phones require a computer for updating their firmwares.

i had like to hear about battery performance from someone who owns a blackberry torch type full touchscreen device. :)

my friend owns it and battery doesnt last a day. he connects it to his lappy all the time. not sure what apps he is running but looks like battery life s*cks on torch

yes , symbian ^3 is good one, Nokia is lazy lol, now all can update thr symbian 3 device from phone itself and i agree that updating through ovi suite is PITA :Pi spent 2 days + no sleep, to get all E7 and N8 devices to be updated and apps installed, around 60 phones in total lol

Most of the new phones irrespective of the OS which have the new fancy screens, & other features are a battery hog. Even Nokia C7 user guide (one of the better user guides) specifically tells you what to do to improve your battery life. :D

Another aspect of this device which i really like is that unlike other recent Nokia phones , it comes with a removable battery. On extended business trips this is a very handy thing to have. Of course the E Series is already well known for its phenomenal battery life so i'm not too worried about it :)

Another aspect of this device which i really like is that unlike other recent Nokia phones , it comes with a removable battery. On extended business trips this is a very handy thing to have. Of course the E Series is already well known for its phenomenal battery life so i'm not too worried about it :)

Huh Sorry to sound like a ignoramus but don't all Nokia phones come with a removable battery?

Back