Nokia G2425G-A in Bridge

• Thread starter Thread starter rohitks
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 25
  • Views Views 3,814
ISP
Airtel
Hi,
I have recently availed Tata Play fiber and I am trying to put this ONT in Bridge.
The engineer gave me admin login details. There's another user normally used called userAdmin for which most settings are locked.

When I login using admin, most settings unlock and there's an option in LAN to set LAN Ports to Bridge or Route.

I set say LAN4 to Bridge. But there's no info to be passed indicating associated WAN connection.
Then router reboots, LAN4 becomes Network Cable Unplugged in Windows 11.
Now connecting my router from LAN4 to WAN does not work.
PPPoE Auth does not authenticate. Tata have sent me the uid/pwd for PPPoE thru email.
Even connection from Windows 11 PPPoE does not work.
It says modem reported an error.
Does anyone know what am I missing.

In Airtel I do remember along with Bridge I needed to specify the WAN connection to bridge. But here it's only Bridge on LAN port or all ports.
Thanks.

I have checked this thread. Setting the G-2425G-A ONT to bridge mode but there's no info on how to actually set it in Bridge and topic shifts to static IP.

jVj330m.png

Last edited:
Yes, of course!

Upvote 0
Strangely just for 5 - 10 seconds the network connection comes up on LAN4 but again shows network cable unplugged and remains like that forever.
I tried setting LAN 3 & 4 to Bridge just in case it's Dhakka Start but that did not help either.
Just in case anyone wants to satisfy their curiosity, here's the WAN page image. There's nothing to configure here.

FCFflbe.png

Upvote 0
You must call TPF and ask them to change to bridge mode which they do with OMCI. Then you set port 1 to bridge (2-4 don't work in my experience) and connect port 1 to your router and use PPPOE to dial from the router. Everything in TPF has moved to OMCI now you can't set bridge mode yourself. Also VLAN is set by them so your device does a passthrough no need to setup on your router.

Upvote 0
That's right. Since yesterday i.e. Sunday morning I am in touch with them. They said they will do it but they have not yet done it.
Let's see when they actually complete this procedure!
Also as I mentioned in my thread on Airtel sub-forum, the sales person and his engineer told me before getting connection that router is unlocked and I will be able to configure bridge on my own. That was their kind of lie to sell connection to me.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Just a promise that it will be done, as I called the engineer.
Bridge still not enabled. Nearing one week of delay.

my informal requests are not helping. i finally raised a ticket.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Back