Nokia G2425G-A in Bridge

• Thread starter Thread starter rohitks
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 25
  • Views Views 3,814
ISP
Airtel
Hi,
I have recently availed Tata Play fiber and I am trying to put this ONT in Bridge.
The engineer gave me admin login details. There's another user normally used called userAdmin for which most settings are locked.

When I login using admin, most settings unlock and there's an option in LAN to set LAN Ports to Bridge or Route.

I set say LAN4 to Bridge. But there's no info to be passed indicating associated WAN connection.
Then router reboots, LAN4 becomes Network Cable Unplugged in Windows 11.
Now connecting my router from LAN4 to WAN does not work.
PPPoE Auth does not authenticate. Tata have sent me the uid/pwd for PPPoE thru email.
Even connection from Windows 11 PPPoE does not work.
It says modem reported an error.
Does anyone know what am I missing.

In Airtel I do remember along with Bridge I needed to specify the WAN connection to bridge. But here it's only Bridge on LAN port or all ports.
Thanks.

I have checked this thread. Setting the G-2425G-A ONT to bridge mode but there's no info on how to actually set it in Bridge and topic shifts to static IP.

jVj330m.png

Last edited:
PPPoE works just fine. The entire ONT is in Bridge mode.
My own router was already configured by me and connected to LAN1 I was just waiting for Bridge to be enabled by them. After they confirmed I rebooted ONT and now my own router does the WN PPPoE.
Good thing about Tata is that they officially share the PPPoE username/password thru email at the time they activate your connection.

Upvote 0
check previous post only LAN1 works on bridge. It's set by OMCI you cant use any other port to dial pppoe on Tataplay. Only some older connections dont use OMCI based bridge in which case you can actually use a different ONU which is no longer possible with TPF.

Upvote 0
Process I used to had bridge mode enabled in Tata Play Fiber.

1. Contacted installation technician to get router admin password.
2. Enabled Bridge mode on Port1.
3. Contacted customer care to get PPPoE user password.
4. Contacted customer care to put my ONT into bridge mode. (this step was extremely frustrating.)
5. Plugged my own router WAN port with ONT Port1.
6. Configured PPPoE on my own router and it started working.

More details about step 4:
1. You will not get ethernet link until the step 4 is completed.
2. This request was incomprehensible to Tata Play Fiber Customer Care team.
3. It took them 3 days. Technician had to write an email to NOC team with my account/userid/router details to put my ONT into bridge mode.

Upvote 1
Hi, I also got bridge mode enabled on my ONT but the PPPoE on my Own Router didnt work. I had to get it rolled back.
this was in May'24. I performed all the steps you've mentioned but to no avail.

Upvote 0
wOah!
no idea what happened. probably, I was restless the last time and all I needed was one restart of the router/ONT and it would have worked.
I asked TPF to enable bridge mode and they did. I simply connected my own router (I had entered PPPoE ID/Pass last time itself) and voila! it started working today.
YaY!

Upvote 0
Back