Nokia Lumia 920

• Thread starter Thread starter Sushubh
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 235
  • Views Views 21,692
I can only suggest... If you can make do with a 6" device wait for the 1320... Might be worth it.

Well, my preferred screen size is 4 - 4.5".6" will be too big for my hands :P

Right. So main difference is camera module. So its wise to go for lumia 920. So my main concern now is the applications. How good or bad are apps on window devices?

If you are not big on Google apps, all should be fine. I think except for Google apps, everything should be available on Windows Phone. I mean hell, even Instagram and Vine are now available on WP devices!
Best would be to make a list of apps that are important to you and then see if they are on Windows Phone. The apps you listed earlier in the thread...
I think all are ok on WP. There are some reports on WhatsApp problems. Like 2% messages seeing delayed delivery but that seems to be a WhatsApp problem that can be fixed in a future update.

List of apps:WhatsappFacebook messengerViberInstagramHangoutChromeYoutubeSo I guess 90% apps that I want are on the list.Yea heard the whatsapp bug. Hope it will be resolved soon

Hangout? Nope. But any instant messaging app would work that connects with Google Talk protocol.
Chrome? Nope. Only Internet Explorer is available. There might be skinned browsers using the same rendering engine available too.
YouTube? Nope. Third party apps are available I hear. Official method is to play the videos in browser.

Right, that will also work.I am greatly impressed by windows 8 on desktop. So, i guess windows phone 8 Will also have that much potential.The interface.. That is cool

Just read about the shortcomings. I am not up to date. But I think you require an iTunes like software to manage media on your phone. Also read about other restrictions on WP devices which are not there on Android. SVK has a WP device and he is reading this thread... He should be able to highlight some.

Fb Messenger or Fb chat?
Chat is available in SMS application. We can directly chat with Fb friends who are online through SMS app, and chat is also saved in same app along with sms. But I am not sure of Messenger which I guess is something like WhatsApp based on phone numbers?
Now Zune is not needed to manage media on phone. When phone is connected to PC by USB cable, phone memory is directly displayed. We can copy photos/Music/Videos in phone by creating folders, and these media files would appear (after sometime) in their respective apps.
Still there is some Zune like PC software available to sync media, but I have so far never used/installed it.

Back