Nokia

mmm? it's not like windows phone is an experimental platform?it would be one year old by the time Nokia launches their first models. nokia does brilliant hardware. wp7 is a pretty decent mobile platform. if they were launching meego based devices, it would have been sort of experimental.

Any new model launched by any manufacturer can be termed experimental :D & I speak from personal experience.

i do not think any new phone launched by Nokia would be experimental :) they are the company with the most experience in building and selling mobile phones in the world. even if the WP7 is new for them, the fact remains, they are going to use the same internals as most other players. of course, there are some risks involved in all product launches... something might not have been caught during the testing phase. but it seems very unlikely looking at how many new players are doing well with their product launches in the mobile phone market. :D

Not my experience a family member bought a Nokia model (much against my advice) which was just 3 days into its launch, in a year it was replaced THRICE by Nokia but to no avail & a 15k phone was exchanged (exchange value 3k in 7 months) for a Sony Ericsson which is still working well. Hence I always avoid launches & wait for others to do, what I call 'Beta testing' hence my comment in the first post.

I don't think they are the only ones. In fact lot of people in the computing industry/nano computing as well are looking at graphene as the next wonder material (to replace silicon)

few links on the same topic.

ScienceDaily: Graphene News

Science-daily having an exclusive feed/corner for graphene (underscores the hype/ideation)

Graphene may gain an 'on-off switch,' adding semiconductor to long list of material's achievements

Also did read somewhere that graphene has the quality that it cools more as more heat/current is passed through it. So if a graphene-based chip would become an eventuality then people could have laptops/desktops could use such machines for a long long time. The wear and tear would become much less enhancing the life of the machine and overall better second-hand market.

As always, there are lots of 'ifs' and 'buts' to be tackled first for it to become a 'product'.

I don't think they are the only ones. In fact lot of people in the computing industry/nano computing as well are looking at graphene as the next wonder material (to replace silicon)

few links on the same topic.

ScienceDaily: Graphene News

Science-daily having an exclusive feed/corner for graphene (underscores the hype/ideation)

Graphene may gain an 'on-off switch,' adding semiconductor to long list of material's achievements

Also did read somewhere that graphene has the quality that it cools more as more heat/current is passed through it. So if a graphene-based chip would become an eventuality then people could have laptops/desktops could use such machines for a long long time. The wear and tear would become much less enhancing the life of the machine and overall better second-hand market.

As always, there are lots of 'ifs' and 'buts' to be tackled first for it to become a 'product'.

What you say is correct but these are chip manufacturers or companies who are v strong in R&D but these bullshitters oops Nokia has no substantial infrastructure in that line of work. I read someone saying the CEO has been leaking a lot of S... from all orifices lately.

a feature phone with 1GHz processor is much different from a smartphone with 1GHz processor. and in the end android requires a faster processor... symbian seems to do well with slower processors.

Back