Nokia

blah. do you even realize what you are saying? i have not heard from anyone using a N8 that they are struggling from lack of RAM. android consumes more resources thus it requires more resources. symbian has always been a rather efficient mobile platform. of course Nokia tends to be kanjoos in terms of processor and RAM components. if they are to launch android devices, they would have to offer them with much better hardware just because Android requires more processing power! think of it like Windows and Linux :D

I have not used N8 or interacted with anyone who used it but have great knowledge of my old phone N85 (128 MB RAM) and 5800 which were as much slow as u can expect.

Ask any Nokia smartphone owner, he will complain about speed and of course lack of apps

---------- Post added at 08:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:23 PM ----------

yeah, seems Linux needs more RAM so atleast Nokia's strategy shud change for Android devices

argh. linux needs less ram. :D android is java over linux which makes it a resource hungry platform. :D older n-series devices were shite. in fact almost all Nokia devices were underpowered before the onslaught of android phones in india. things have changed massively. nokia no longer charges a premium for their stupid bullshit phones like they used to. n8 was launched at what? 25K? if android was not killing nokia in india, it would have been priced at around 38K.

Dell streak is a failure for two reasons. it is a confused product. pricing was awful. a tablet pc with a five inch display that does not work as a mobile phone. dell has already realized the mistake a dell streak 7 with a 7 inch display is launching next month. not really interested in Nokia announcements. more interested in... HP announcing new devices based on webos. samsung announcing their next generation android smartphones and tablets. htc announcing their first generation tablets.

i personally believe webos is the best looking mobile platform in the world today. :D palm was just not capable enough to do much with it. now that HP owns it, we can look at some great products based on it. they are going to launch new smartphone models in addition to tablets and netbooks. their high end printers too might come loaded with a webos based touchscreen control panel in the near future.

No one talking about samsung bada. Yea right, samsung had launched an os too.But it seems its dead aready.Sent from my GT-I5801 using Tapatalk

Back