Notebook-Laptop Battery Queries

• Thread starter Thread starter siddking09
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 79
  • Views Views 22,887
2 hours of runtime is pretty good. my Dell inspiron 1520 never game more than one hour of backup even when it was new. this model is a messed up unit from dell. i have read stories from other 1520 owners online. everyone suffered the same problem. the battery died within the first 12 months of operations. dell india is asking 10-15k for a new battery depending upon the number of cells in it. i run it on power 24x7.

@ warthogI have a Notebook from a Chinese Manufacturer Hasee and I use the battery provided with it.The Model Number of my Notebook is HP620.After reading the above posts, I think that my Battery is working as it should.:whistle:BTW Any solutions to keep the Lappy a little cool?It gets a way too hot.I think I should buy a cooling pad for it....What do you all suggest?:redface:

My HP pavilion DV2000 battery jus lasts for 20 min..:( Its 18 months old..

my inspiron is giving me hardly 10 minutes of backup. enough to withstand fluctuations.

My HP notebook battery died 6 months ago, after giving a run of 42 months. The last it worked was for 2-3 mins. I now run the laptop only on power. New battery costs around 6K. Not worth since I am planning to buy a new notebook itself in the near future.

i guess my battery would be dead completely in a couple of months. i keep it on permanent charge. so that is going to kill it faster. :D

Why don't you remove the battery altogether ? It does not make sense to keep the battery attached if you use it on power all the time.I realized it after my battery went dead.

fluctuations. the leftover battery does come handy during fluctuations and when i restart the modem by simply turning off and on the power switch. (i am a lazy bum!).

----------

i might get a new battery from the US. prices from third party stores were decent. would be a risky bet tho. :ishock:

If the Notebook is operated without battery can we simply plug the battery back in even when the lappy is on or do we need to Turn it Off First?:huh:

Back