Compatible Laptop Battery

• Thread starter Thread starter hitman
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 23
  • Views Views 3,272
I got an unofficial battery for my ancient HP pavillion dv1000 laptop. The backup time is about 2.5 hours with moderate CPU load and about 1.5-2 hours with heavy cpu load. The cost of the battery was Rs.3200 and capacity as 4400mAh. The original battery cost was Rs.4.8k .. seems like the Topic Starter got a good deal, do update us with your backup time after 6 months!

I got an unofficial battery for my ancient HP pavillion dv1000 laptop. The backup time is about 2.5 hours with moderate CPU load and about 1.5-2 hours with heavy cpu load. The cost of the battery was Rs.3200 and capacity as 4400mAh. The original battery cost was Rs.4.8k ..

seems like the Topic Starter got a good deal, do update us with your backup time after 6 months!

ohh no i think u got it at steep price..........how can there be so much less difference in a Chinese and original battery.............i was getting 1600 quote for a Chinese battery for my hp pavilion dv5 1002 au model and if i am right you have atleast same model no battery if not the same laptop model.

but instead i decided to go for a 625 va microtek ups for 1650 rupee ..........:stop: before u say anything lemme tell you , my laptop is used as desktop , never carried it outside ever:iomg:.so it was a sensible thing to do, i didnt want to ruin my laptop so didnt go for Chinese battery........................ mine is amd processor laptop and yours???

ohh no i think u got it at steep price..........how can there be so much less difference in a Chinese and original battery.............i was getting 1600 quote for a Chinese battery for my HP pavilion dv5 1002 au model and if i am right you have atleast same model no battery if not the same laptop model.

Is it? hmm... only time will tell if it is worth the trouble. I get good backup and unlike my old original battery, it doesn't get "stunned" when there is a power failure and force the laptop to sleep.

but instead i decided to go for a 625 va microtek ups for 1650 rupee ..........:stop: before u say anything lemme tell you , my laptop is used as desktop , never carried it outside ever:iomg:.so it was a sensible thing to do, i didnt want to ruin my laptop so didnt go for Chinese battery........................ mine is amd processor laptop and yours???

I use it as a portable desktop. Mine is intel core solo 1.87Ghz(model: T1350). I use at my college hostel and at my home. But it stays stationary at both the places as I have lot of accessories plugged into the laptop(USB speaker, Phone as modem, portable hard disk, wireless mouse, USB keyboard) :D I get power supply interruptions infrequently, lasting upto 1:00 hours.

You used an UPS? well, since laptops usually consumes 2-4 times less power than a PC, your UPS battery will have a longer life and longer backup. . .

----------

Just don't allow the depth of discharge of the UPS battery to be more than 80%, prefreably keep it 50%.. you will get longer life.

Back