Only Star Cricket HD will be added on July 19th on Tata Sky HD!!!

• Thread starter Thread starter srihpsd
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 25
  • Views Views 5,935

srihpsd

ISP
tata
Hi Guys,I saw the new ad from espn/star hd group... at the end of the ad and in the last line, it says star cricket hd will be added on Tata Sky...i saw this ad on tv9 telugu news channel..Then I hear that ESPN HD could be doubtful and would take time to come on tatasky hd..

duh. they dont have space. couldnt simulcast IPL and French open when it got stuck

@rajiv, true... They will have to release atleast 2 sd channels to add 1 hd channel... According to me, MGM/TCM Channels has very less viewership.. for time being, they can drop them to add espn hd in my opinion...

oh come on.... of all people you end up talking to a viewer who views the two channels you explicitly mention. See my point here is for such meagre boquet(viz a viz other DTH players) you WILL find viewers.

@rajiv, It was only an opinion.... not that I really wanted those channels to be dropped :-) Moreover I said only for time being at somepoint they need to add more space for new channels... I respect all your opinion..

is this confirmed news? crap was really looking forward to espn hd:dry:

Yes.. New AD clearly states that star cricket hd is only coming on Tata Sky .... on pressure , other dth services may also add star cricket hd for india-england series... however as of today only videocon dth has got espn hd

star cricket hd is not an event based channel anymore.. therefore it is not expected to be removed.. moreover all dth operators would like to make sell as many hd box as possible by marketing through India-England & India-Australia in current year... I have very little hopes that they will add espn hd sooner... As you can see, they have removed Showcase HD already and no sign on Movies Now HD :sad:

I think ESPN-STAR group should produce single HD channel that would be available for 24 hours for all its HD content.STAR CRICKET HD does not make sense, because after India-England series there would not much to show on STAR CRICKET HD (apart from Live Cricket from England and Australia when any series is being played). But there are other sports like most of Football leagues are in HD, F1, Tennis are in HD. I hope ESS is looking for something like that...

Back