Optilink SSH login?

• Thread starter Thread starter .::IBF::..
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 19
  • Views Views 8,529
Yeah you are right.we need to be secure they won't bother about our privacy and security 😌.Better double checking the port is closed on wan side act as a precaution. For local network security need to use better WiFi password as well as taking care on physical security of lan ports.

Still i didn't find any option for changing the password for telent. Hope if you find anything on changing the telnet password share with all of us

What's the default username/password for latest firmware on Optilink, the above does not seem to work.

@shin i seen that there is a little bit of improvement in security on the new firmware update.we can even able to change the default telent password also and captcha is also added in the web login page on this new firmware. Check this out will give the link below. Make sure your model and make of your ont before the firmware upgrade.it is a legitimate one which is shared by one bsnl JTO .So no worries 😉

LATEST FIRMWARES

I think I'll pass. It doesn't say the model number, it's just a 'Syrotech' folder with only one firmware.
I'll ask my LCO to update it. They can do that from their OLT.
I've seen that captcha thing on this forum before, it's just dumb. It's flawed.

As for security, I'm already using a separate router and once lockdown is opened up I'll get an IP phone and then the modem will just be a dumb modem.

It's a better set-up. Iam also planning to buy a new router. your suggession? Any model number or brands.
And also like to know is that you are using the ont in bridge mode? If yes did you done any mac reset or cloning like something

It's a better set-up. Iam also planning to buy a new router. your suggession? Any model number or brands.
And also like to know is that you are using the ont in bridge mode? If yes did you done any mac reset or cloning like something

Archer c6 is a good choice. I am using it. Netlink ONU is in bridge mode and PPPoE in C6. There's no MAC binding from BSNL , so no need of cloning etc.

Back