Ordered Samsung Chromebook for Dad through iShop International!

• Thread starter Thread starter Sushubh
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 110
  • Views Views 20,328
For your dad's eyes netbook again (or anything less than 14" or 15" screen not advisable)You can try to import chrome book via Google Pay/US address PPO box ,pay airfreight ,arbitary sometimes custom duty + service tax ...not worth for one pc.If you want a budget 15"laptop with long battery hours (max 5 but average 4 hours) only for stock charts/ trading app watching & mild browsing ,I can recommend one at around Rs 17800 (excluding windows + you need to spend Rs 850 more to make it 4 gb from 2GB)TRy Fusion AMD C50/60 Dual Core 1 GHz/2GB ram/320 gb hard disk /DOS/15"/built in radeon 6250M graphic card.The model name is X53U Asus.Not advisable for 720p videos. Iam using this laptop daily like 18 hours non stop for the last 16 months.If you time for a good fat 7% coupon from ebay ,may be worth it.Chrome Netbook @ Rs 23-25k landed looks expensive for the specs.

hehe 2 things.

14/15 inch tablets are actually too big for him. he has been using a 10" netbook until now and has been comfortable with it. why you ask? coz he keeps it on his tummy while watching television. :blink: (now you know why i am such a lazy ass. i have my dad's genes).

second. he does not need a very powerful laptop. he seems to have settled with google finance website running inside chrome. so the only thing he needs is chrome.

battery life is important because he is as careless as i am. needs a longer battery life because the power point is pretty far away from where he watches television. :D

by the way, his netbook ran ubuntu. :) dual core atom processor with 1GB RAM. the chromebook is actually a pretty decent update.

yes, the price is high. but i have to admit my bias for chromebook here. i have been wanting to own one since google announced cr-48. now i do not want to buy one for myself because i would not be using it full time. buying one for dad gives me an opportunity to play it for the rest of the day! i was actually considering buying it for myself just a few days ago as a backup for my desktop. having spent shit load of money on useless power backups, i am actually quite happy with the 26.5K price tag. i do not care if it has an ARM processor. i do not care if it has 2GB RAM or just 16GB of storage. it is chrome os! and i love that platform. :D

Repairing the old samsung netbook for 4700 looks the best option to me .

not really looking to save money. just looking for an excuse to finally get my hands on a chromebook!

not really looking to save money. just looking for an excuse to finally get my hands on a chromebook!

You should ask for a qoute from ibhejo, give them a link to playstore/newegg/tigerdirect listing, i think they will first replay that they already have the item listed on the website, tell them to give a qoute for the link you provided & make fresh listing on the sit as the prices for the listed chromebooks are too high .

any ebay india expert? can you explain what this listing represents?

This is the same model that is available on ibhejo for 19500 & this is without warranty, this is a GEB listing

well. cannot really wait for a month. if i could, i would have asked the friend in usa to buy it and fedex it to me directly :) :P homeshop18 seems like the better option right now.manu kaha hai?:D

daddy ne sapno pe paani pher diya. brother had an old HP mini netbook lying with him. he is now trying to get used to it. windows xp. he seems to be doing ok. other than the fact that xp has hideous font rendering. he does not like it. but still giving it a go. i guess i can get the chromebook for myself. i have been wanting it for so long now... :D but then, the money i wasted in nexus 7. mhm. decisions. decisions. brrr.

Back