Ordered Samsung Chromebook for Dad through iShop International!

• Thread starter Thread starter Sushubh
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 110
  • Views Views 20,328
Have you tried grabmore.in? They give 1 yr warranty on the US products they import for you. They even pay for shipping in case the product fails. They do take a month to deliver at times. I got my nexus 7 from them delivered in 3 wks time.

Ok. I am going to try to explain why I do not mind buying a Chromebook.

First thing is that I know what it offers. I know its limitations. I know its benefits. I know I might end up getting frustrated coz I do rely on a lot of desktop apps especially Word and Opera.

But I like the fact that Chromebook is a no-nonsense zero-maintenance product that works out of the box and offers a simple computing experience.

A computing experience which is more than sufficient for a lot of people. Including my dad. And me when I am not really ‘working’ but just surfing. Like spending time on the forum, reading news and blogs etc.

As for offline support. Well. What use is my own computer when my internet is down? I do not play games. I do watch a lot of movies and television content. I can actually do a bit of that on the Chromebook. Of course I do not get a fully functional media player like I get on my computer.

In any case, Chrome OS has grown up to become a very good looking and functional modern operating system. It is just how you perceive it that matters. Personally, I believe it would be more productive for me than my Nexus 7 and that would be pretty cool. I would be able to sell it off because it is totally being wasted in my hands. :)

Have you tried grabmore.in? They give 1 yr warranty on the US products they import for you. They even pay for shipping in case the product fails. They do take a month to deliver at times. I got my nexus 7 from them delivered in 3 wks time.

not a very patient man. plus... one month is a very long time. and samsung (profanities) could launch a new model that would interest me more than the model i want to buy today. :D better to get it asap and just get used to it. also dad needs something for his stock thing. and the HP netbook does not look like working for him for that long. :)

[*]You register on iShop International.
[*]After login Request a quote (Top Left Of Homepage)
[*]In Promo Code Box mention First Time User Rs 500 Discount
[*]You will receive the quote within 24 hours. If they don't give Rs 500 discount, try with their LiveChat Representative again.
[*]Once you receive the quote, there will be a URL where you can make the payment.
[*]Their shipping time from US to india generally is 4-5 days from the date they receive the shipment in their NewYork warehouse. If Ebay seller takes 3-4 days, total time should be usually 7-9 days from the date of order.
[/list]

Ishop is the quickest in delivering from US compared to GEB & ibhejo , all three use the same shipping service i.e iccworld.com

Back