Ordered Samsung Chromebook for Dad through iShop International!

• Thread starter Thread starter Sushubh
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 110
  • Views Views 20,328
--
as for the discount, a member mentioned here that i am eligible for it because i am a first time customer. so if you have not ordered from them, you can ask them for the same.
i had asked them to give me a discount as a first time customer :D

Amazon charges local sales tax +delivery charges if you buy it & ship it yourself via ppo box etc.
since Iship bought as a merchant /reexporter, overall a good deal.
the same thing will sell in ebay for rs 20k atleast. Duty is around 17 to 18% minimum for laptops.
I will look on to this model.

but you do know what a chromebook is right? :D people seem to think it is not a proper netbook as chrome os is not a proper operating system :)

That quote is good. Nice purchase :) . Even i am looking forward to buy something from Amazon through ishop. Posted a query for EMI option.

You should have gone for Google's Chromebook Pixel for your dad. :D
Just kidding!
In a serious note, 3:2 ratio is optimum for internet browsing. Plus I'm in the love with the trackpad of this one. Coolest back lighting. If the cost of this chromebook was not that high, I would have got this baby right away & retired my Air.

Yeah sure I can. At least for my drawing room needs. Anytime I'm watching some TV & I remember something to browse or forgot to send an email, I could just use the Pixel instead of iPad because I need full-fledged browser, with physical keyboard.
And I chose this over the MB Air because I love the simplicity of the Pixel with highest resolution in any laptop including retina MB Pro. If you think that it's just a browser then I guess it would surprise you with bunch Google apps for everyday tasks for average users.
For media consumption, it's not ideal with letter box ratio.
:)

Well. I know about web apps. I know about offline support in word processor and presentations. But yeah, it is a good secondary device.

Back