Packet Loss and Slow Speed Problems on Airtel Broadband

• Thread starter Thread starter anshu
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 933
  • Views Views 193,159
Well I just quit playing online recently...
The problems that gamers face at this time is Huge ping times... lot of lag in games as mostly all servers are US....

b/w @doomsday can you give me a list of great online multi games that you play...I havn't really tried any MMORPGs....I played a lot of MORPGs(like RON,AOE & Warcraft etc):thumbsup:

Yeah same for me, i am from Chandigarh and using air tel Broadband.
Problem started yesterday and continues.

The biggest problem for me is i don't download torrents much neither i surf.
I used to play MMORPGS(like Eve-Online) online and its server is based in London.
Now the ping is so crap to this server plus timeouts that its utterly impossible to play :( , i even used tracert and saw that it is going to Los Angels, Sanjose, Newyork then to London.

I guess it will take a shile to get this rectified since last time it happend in Taiwan it took months to get rectified properly.

Overall i am now a sad panda and angry too :madness::madness:

Oh yeah i remember that when i would plan on distributing sweets when download speed was above 3KB/sec:hysterical:

Yeah, one wonders why they don't update their own customer care people on what's going on. It's in the news anyway. People will be more patient if they know that it's a worldwide problem, and not just them getting bad speeds.As for online gaming... ::sigh:: bye bye Call of Duty 4. Have to start playing offline games again. :(

a friend of mine with a regional ISP got the alert through an SMS on his mobile phone! it's sad that airtel does not have a service status page on their website. and they dont have any mechanism to update their members through email. yet to see them sending me bills on email. pretty disappointing to say the least.

b/w @doomsday can you give me a list of great online multi games that you play...I havn't really tried any MMORPGs....I played a lot of MORPGs(like RON,AOE & Warcraft etc):thumbsup:

Yeah sure mate, WoW, Guild wars, Eve-Online (currently fulltime) are the MMORPGS i have played but there are many others.
I remember playing AOE (i am an ardent fan) but after msn zone went down for AOE i moved on to other games.

Well if we can have a thread for game servers... where people discuss and can host a game @ a particular time they can mention,,, we could still play....within India itself... I had loads of Indian friends playing with me online...Anyone willing....:)

Can we take this matter up with Airtel as a group? This is the third wide-scale problem that we have had with them this month alone, and it's irritating and unprofessional that they have not bothered to a) inform customers directly, and b) give them the correct news when they call customer care.Does anyone know anyone senior enough in Airtel whom we can send a letter / petition to?

Well if we can have a thread for game servers... where people discuss and can host a game @ a particular time they can mention,,, we could still play....within India itself... I had loads of Indian friends playing with me online...
Anyone willing....:)

i am up for it and with me there are few friends who can come :yahoo:

Back