Packet Loss and Slow Speed Problems on Airtel Broadband

• Thread starter Thread starter anshu
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 933
  • Views Views 193,159
https://www.opendns.com/start

follow the instructions but use different dns servers...

i am using 4.2.2.1, 4.2.2.2... working fine for me.

Thanks for the link :) But whr do I get the entries from? It says:

the DNS Server addresses for Open DNS are:
[*]208.67.222.222
[*]208.67.220.220
[/list]should I add these on my computer?

There are 2 ways in which to change DNS servers....
One inside your computers TCP/IP config and second in the modem itself...
forgive me for my ignorance but how does one change their DNS servers?

1st method WinXP

>Open up network connections in control panel
>right click on LAN and open properties.
>Select Internet protocol TCP/IP click properties
>Goto Advance button
>Open DNS tab.
>Use add button to add server IPs
Tip : keep prefered DNS IP on top of the list...

2nd method on Beetel 220BX modem

>open http://192.168.1.1/main.html in explorer.
>goto advanced setup
>goto DNS
>unclick automatic DNS assignment
>Key in the IPs manually.
>save
>Goto management tab on left
>Goto Save and reboot.

Still not sure :(....then dont try it by yourself...:redface:

Its international bandwidth crunch. Mainly to Europe and north America
What if ur seeds/peers are mainly in Europe or NA.
if u r using desi torrents to download a bollywood movie, then its a different issue
but seeders exist worldwide. even for american and european content.

Torrents are fine....I think the point he makes is that there is a bandwidth congestion cause of the changed routes...So the speeds won't be as good as they used to be cause of traffic on routes.:(

but seeders exist worldwide. even for american and european content.

MUMBAI (Reuters) - A breakdown in an international undersea cable network badly disrupted Internet links to India and Egypt on Wednesday.

Egypt's Telecommunications Ministry said a communications cable in the Mediterranean was cut, disrupting 70 percent of the country's Internet network.

The ministry said in a statement it was not known how the cable was cut but that services would probably take several days to return to normal.

India reported serious disruptions to its services and one Indian Internet service provider linked the problem to the Egyptian outage.

\"There has been a cable cut on several cable systems in Alexandria, Egypt which has impacted internet connectivity in India,\" Videsh Sanchar Nigam Ltd (VSNL), an internet service provider, said in a statement.

VSNL said its service had been \"largely restored\" by diverting to another cable.

India said it had lost more than half of its capacity.

\"There has been a 50 to 60 percent cut in bandwidth,\" Rajesh Chharia, president of the Internet Service Providers' Association of India, told Reuters.

He told the Headlines Today news channel that a \"degraded\" service would be activated by Wednesday night, but full restoration will take 10 to 15 days.

Full link: Internet services in Egypt and India disrupted | Top News | Reuters

Previously i was downloading from torrent at an average speed of 200KBs,, where as now it has come down to 150KBs...also torrent take longer to get going. But seriously it shouldn't stop you from using torrents....the sky hasn't come crashing down yet.:redface:

thanks kyrl will try the second method but what entries should I type in? How do I know which one will work?

Back