Packet Loss and Slow Speed Problems on Airtel Broadband

• Thread starter Thread starter anshu
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 933
  • Views Views 193,159
i dont want to call airtel. it takes at least 5 minutes before you can hear a human voice.

this backup line is so slow. hardly giving any speeds. shudnt backup line give atleast 60-70% speed if not full 100%. This is hardly 10-15%.

plus its just early morning. offices must have just started so its going to go slow even further now

An anchoring ship off Egypt's Alexandria coast damaged Indian-owned FLAG cable and also SEA-ME-WE on Wednesday morning and urgent repair teams had set sail for the location. An official of Reliance group, which owns FLAG, said the repair will take about 10 days.

we'll have to bear the pain for like a few more days.....

Same here. Downloads from international sites still slow. Anyones connection fixed today or same problem like yesterday?

It seems like back to old dialup days. I heard it takes around 15 days to repair the underwater cables.

the thing is that they do not even know what the problem is. it is either cable cut or something due to bad weather. and finding the damaged area under the sea. duh. the last time i think it took them a month to get connectivity back to normal.

The collective d/l speed is fluctuating betn 8-20 kB/s. The u/l, however is going upto 40kB/s using Transmission on Mac OS X (seems like my neighbours are all hard pressed to leech my secrets :ashamed: ). iTunes podcasts are downloading at less than 8 kB/s. Night time double speed worked fine upto tuesday - recorded max of 106 kB/s on 999 plan ! Menumeters is a great freeware tool for Mac users to monitor their bandwidth and other resources.They have re-routed small broadband users through the Pacific, but it is pathetic i can't even sign in to my hotmail :(

Ya torrents r working fine for me too... But there is some prob with the sites ... Some sites r taking way too long to open and some r working fine ...

Last time there was a quake in south china sea it took a month...also the same time when sharks chewed the cables...:P

Back