Packet Loss and Slow Speed Problems on Airtel Broadband

• Thread starter Thread starter anshu
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 933
  • Views Views 193,159
thats because offices are closed now.

k
So, Was the speed too slow in the morning?
{I was in College }

Speed is still pretty slow here in South Delhi on Airtel.

MTNL is always way better than Airtel.

At 11:30 PM MTNL Delhi, speeds to US are also pretty much decent
https://www.speedtest.net

Airtel ka kya hisaab hai?
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Here's another article i thought worth sharing.

New Delhi: India’s electronic ticketing and movie booking sites such as those run by Indian Railway Catering and Tourism Corp. Ltd, or IRCTC, Yatra Online Pvt. Ltd, and PVR Ltd saw a slump in ticket sales a day after two undersea cables carrying telecom traffic were severed in the Mediterranean Sea, disrupting half the Internet and communication capacity serving India.
The government said it expected the cables to be repaired within 10 days. Traffic on the affected routes were being shifted to “other cables such as SMW-3 cable and Pacific route cables etc. to restore the telecommunication links,” it said in a statement. SMW-3 is the name of a cable connecting South-East Asia, West Asia and Europe.
Undersea optic fibre circuits, leased or owned by service providers such as Reliance Communications Ltd, or RCom, Bharti Airtel Ltd or the state-run Mahanagar Telephone Nigam Ltd (MTNL) were affected. Trade body Internet Service Providers Association of India estimated a 40-50% reduction in telecom bandwidth. The broken cables, owned by the RCom-controlled Flag Telecom Group, off the Egypt coast also affected services in that country and West Asia.
IRCTC, the online ticketing site for the Indian Railways that uses Net connectivity from MTNL, has seen a slowdown in the speed. “Since 3pm today, we have seen some fluctuation in connectivity but we are in touch with our service provider,” said a senior executive, who does not wanted to be identified. On average, the portal sells around 6,000 tickets an hour, but “that has dropped to between 1,400 and 2,400 tickets.”
MTNL leases around three-fourths of its bandwidth from Videsh Sanchar Nigam Ltd, or VSNL and the rest from RCom. While RCom has not restored services, VSNL has restored connectivity.
“Since this morning, 90% of our bandwidth is available for customers, which we have increased from VSNL,” said A. K. Arora, executive director at MTNL. He said RCom’s services are likely to be restored by 9pm Thursday, failing which “we will switch over completely to VSNL.”
Air ticketing portal Yatra.com has seen a 10-15% impact on volumes in the last 24 hours. It sells around 6,500 tickets a day, which, since last afternoon, has dropped to about 5,700. It is now routing traffic through Singapore. “We hope that with the alternative route, tomorrow morning our site should be back to normal,” said co-founder Dhruv Shringi.

WELL i am from hyderabad using airtel broadband ... i am on their 512 KBPS unlimited speed .... I USALLY GET AROUND 120KBPS ON link-removed ..and 70 to 80 on torrent ... or even 120 on torrent ... from yesterday . ... link-removed m link-removed, were getting 1 -3 kbps ... and the torrents 150KBPS . .... i called u there customer care...and first the reply was that it will be fixed within 4 hours ... but when i spoke to the custamer care executive she explained that because ... the internet cables were cut in egypt .. i was facing slow download speeds .. i thought i wam only one getting this problem .. i airtel is blocking link-removed ... but ... the real truth is that ... they are on emergency servers ... and they have restored the connection as of now .... i can see.. the effect of the cable cut world wide affected my system also.. my internet speeds are now constant at 120kbpseverything was because of the cable cut .... it affected the whole country .. the world is really small .. will it egypt or india .... but imagne what kind of communication failure is that ... the customer care executive told me that airtel is running on emergency servers ....AIRTEL IS THE BEST THEY HAVE RESTORED THE CONNECTION IN 1 DAY IMAGINE IF I WOULD BE ON SIFY OR IQARA INTERNET SERVICE PROVIDERS .. i was also told that ... it would take ... 15 days to restoore the net totally .... so far we are on emergency servers ... no doubt .. they are best in inida

MTNL has never been better....
Only this forum has more satisfied MTNL customers than Airtel...
Using Airtel BB for 6 years now...
Speed Tests on 256kbps
You need to get your facts right on that...:P

MTNL is always way better than Airtel.

At 11:30 PM MTNL Delhi, speeds to US are also pretty much decent

Airtel ka kya hisaab hai?
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Here's another article i thought worth sharing.

New Delhi: India’s electronic ticketing and movie booking sites such as those run by Indian Railway Catering and Tourism Corp. Ltd, or IRCTC, Yatra Online Pvt. Ltd, and PVR Ltd saw a slump in ticket sales a day after two undersea cables carrying telecom traffic were severed in the Mediterranean Sea, disrupting half the Internet and communication capacity serving India.
The government said it expected the cables to be repaired within 10 days. Traffic on the affected routes were being shifted to “other cables such as SMW-3 cable and Pacific route cables etc. to restore the telecommunication links,” it said in a statement. SMW-3 is the name of a cable connecting South-East Asia, West Asia and Europe.
Undersea optic fibre circuits, leased or owned by service providers such as Reliance Communications Ltd, or RCom, Bharti Airtel Ltd or the state-run Mahanagar Telephone Nigam Ltd (MTNL) were affected. Trade body Internet Service Providers Association of India estimated a 40-50% reduction in telecom bandwidth. The broken cables, owned by the RCom-controlled Flag Telecom Group, off the Egypt coast also affected services in that country and West Asia.
IRCTC, the online ticketing site for the Indian Railways that uses Net connectivity from MTNL, has seen a slowdown in the speed. “Since 3pm today, we have seen some fluctuation in connectivity but we are in touch with our service provider,” said a senior executive, who does not wanted to be identified. On average, the portal sells around 6,000 tickets an hour, but “that has dropped to between 1,400 and 2,400 tickets.”
MTNL leases around three-fourths of its bandwidth from Videsh Sanchar Nigam Ltd, or VSNL and the rest from RCom. While RCom has not restored services, VSNL has restored connectivity.
“Since this morning, 90% of our bandwidth is available for customers, which we have increased from VSNL,” said A. K. Arora, executive director at MTNL. He said RCom’s services are likely to be restored by 9pm Thursday, failing which “we will switch over completely to VSNL.”
Air ticketing portal Yatra.com has seen a 10-15% impact on volumes in the last 24 hours. It sells around 6,500 tickets a day, which, since last afternoon, has dropped to about 5,700. It is now routing traffic through Singapore. “We hope that with the alternative route, tomorrow morning our site should be back to normal,” said co-founder Dhruv Shringi.

Nautilus you are confusing KBps with kbps.....bytes & bits.... So your data seems flawed...:madness:

WELL i am from hyderabad using airtel broadband ... i am on their 512 KBPS unlimited speed .... I USALLY GET AROUND 120KBPS ON link-removed ..and 70 to 80 on torrent ... or even 120 on torrent ... from yesterday . ... link-removed m link-removed, were getting 1 -3 kbps ... and the torrents 150KBPS . .... i called u there customer care...and first the reply was that it will be fixed within 4 hours ... but when i spoke to the custamer care executive she explained that because ... the internet cables were cut in egypt .. i was facing slow download speeds .. i thought i wam only one getting this problem .. i airtel is blocking link-removed ... but ... the real truth is that ... they are on emergency servers ... and they have restored the connection as of now .... i can see.. the effect of the cable cut world wide affected my system also.. my internet speeds are now constant at 120kbps

everything was because of the cable cut .... it affected the whole country .. the world is really small .. will it egypt or india .... but imagne what kind of communication failure is that ... the customer care executive told me that airtel is running on emergency servers ....AIRTEL IS THE BEST THEY HAVE RESTORED THE CONNECTION IN 1 DAY IMAGINE IF I WOULD BE ON SIFY OR IQARA INTERNET SERVICE PROVIDERS .. i was also told that ... it would take ... 15 days to restoore the net totally .... so far we are on emergency servers ... no doubt .. they are best in inida

Back