Packet Loss and Slow Speed Problems on Airtel Broadband

• Thread starter Thread starter anshu
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 933
  • Views Views 193,159
I'm from Noida and I've been getting really slow speeds since morning. Called customer service and they did say it's a problem from there end and it'll be fixed in four hours. Anyone else experiencing this?

Yes it pretty much sucks! I called CC today and they sent a stupid technician who gave me this whole theory how I will get full download speeds if I run 3 simultaneous downloads! I told him that whats the point of a 512 connection if I will get 100kbsp speeds on a single download. He sqaid thats how Airtel works! Then I insisted that he calls his tech head and then the guy admitted its a problem from their end!Their international servers are down whihc makes sense since I get full download speeds when I run a download from MS or any other indian site.However rapishare, link-removed, applee dont give me more than 100kbps download speeds though I can surf on full speeds!

slow speed today confirmed here....latency is also high with Asian servers by up to 3 times the normal...:(

Just called CC again. The problem should be fixed by tom:mad: I think maybe its a Delhi problem. Its quite weird since on some sites and even torrents I am getting 600kbps speeds and on the major ones (link-removed, Apple,etc) 80 to 100 kbps! Videos are fine on Youtube but on Daily motion they dont take forever!I am in central delhi and have a 512kbps plan. Double speeds on the 256 went 3 months ago and hence I switched to the 512 plan

I'm too experiencing slow speeds as of today morning, any site hosted offshore is really sloe (eg youtube). I called the customer care, they have no clue about the problem.

Back