Packet Loss and Slow Speed Problems on Airtel Broadband

• Thread starter Thread starter anshu
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 933
  • Views Views 193,159
Since Friday I've been getting very high latencies to Singapore servers (~250ms) instead of my usual ~60ms. Surprisingly it was fine throughout the cable damage fiasco. I am unable to play anything online and my weekend is wasted :madness:

Current tracert:
Code:
C:\Users\Torch>tracert 203.116.28.28Tracing route to 203.116.28.28 over a maximum of 30 hops  1

unrelated: What game you play?

This appears to be a problem with Starhub, a Singaporean ISP. Maybe routing is funky or one of their peering links is down. Who knows.

Last time this happened I contacted Singtel and they told me Airtel's BPG tables were wrong and they had to advertise some route RFC something. It was lagging for two weeks. I forwarded the mail to the Airtel engineers and they fixed it the next day.

can anyone else confirm high latency intermittently throughout the day & night ON AIRTEL ? I know for sure there is a huge issue with bsnli wonder why both airtel and bsnl share this issueeither way routing to any location to the US after new york is seriously messed up

:@Airtel Broadband give very high ping delay for every plans they have.
My plan is 899 256kbps Unlimited(limited) ..

They got some stupids as technical support . (One lady told me they are giving 4mbps upload speed in 899 4mbps plan ).
Ping Delay for some sites..
YouTube - Broadcast Yourself. 123ms
www.virustotal.com 328ms
Digit - Thinkdigit Technology Guides | Technology News & Reviews | Free Downloads | Video | Online Tech Support Forums in India 315ms
i complained about this . Then they told these site traffic is very high that why this is happening .
So guys dont take airtel broadband . i saying ur life will $ucked :@:@:@:@:@:@

i wonder why both airtel and bsnl share this issue

I have posted many times on this very subject. The issue affected all ISPs in India but the problem was fixed on the morning of the 28th.

The simple reason is that Airtel, Tata and Reliance collectively own all of the cables in and out of India. If there is a problem with one, there is a problem with all ISPs, including BSNL, MTNL, Hathway etc.

@mgcarley This time, reliance was not effected, only tata, airtel . and all other isp that lease bandwidth from tata & airtel (bsnl, etc..). my Reliance datacard gave good pings during this issue on airtel n tata. Reliance's flag cables were working fine during this outage on semewe4. Looks like tata n airtel couldnt fit normal home broadband users on semewe3 cable, so directed all traffic via singapore cables

Back