Packet Loss and Slow Speed Problems on Airtel Broadband

• Thread starter Thread starter anshu
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 933
  • Views Views 193,159
@mgcarley

This time, reliance was not effected, only tata, airtel . and all other isp that lease bandwidth from tata & airtel (bsnl, etc..). my Reliance datacard gave good pings during this issue on airtel n tata.

Reliance's flag cables were working fine during this outage on semewe4. Looks like tata n airtel couldnt fit normal home broadband users on semewe3 cable, so directed all traffic via singapore cables

Reliance still buys bandwidth from Tata, but yes, FLAG was not affected, so Reliance users would have seen the least issues. It's unfortunate that Reliance wholesale bandwidth is considered "worst" as far as quality is concerned.

SMW3 is a very small cable compared to SMW4: If only central Asia wasn't such a mess, it would be great to run a cable overland from Singapore/Hong-Kong to Europe.

We could increase greatly bandwidth to all the countries ending with *stan, and also Mongolia and Russia: but it would give us another route for our traffic in the event of this type of thing happening again (and it will, I'm sure). The problem would be getting co-operation from all the countries.

India would have to still go through Nepal (would give Bharti an advantage already) and/or Kashmir to access it if not via Singapore but still, we can live in hope.

Still not fixed entirely.. My connection disconnects every few minutes and I get a new IP :/

Still not fixed entirely.. My connection disconnects every few minutes and I get a new IP :/

That sounds like a local problem, not one of submarine cables.

my speed never got reduced I was dwnding on 1MBPS all time even now ;o:inodding:

:@Airtel Broadband give very high ping delay for every plans they have.
My plan is 899 256kbps Unlimited(limited) ..

They got some stupids as technical support . (One lady told me they are giving 4mbps upload speed in 899 4mbps plan ).
Ping Delay for some sites..
YouTube - Broadcast Yourself. 123ms
VirusTotal - Free Online Virus and Malware Scan 328ms
Digit - Thinkdigit Technology Guides | Technology News & Reviews | Free Downloads | Video | Online Tech Support Forums in India 315ms
i complained about this . Then they told these site traffic is very high that why this is happening .
So guys dont take airtel broadband . i saying ur life will $ucked :@:@:@:@:@:@

What are you talking about? These ping times are perfectly acceptable - Virustotal and Thinkdigit.com are both hosted in the USA. Both in Texas, but in difference data centers.

cheers guys for me issue fixed totally

high pings to singapore servers

Pinging Singapore Speedtest - The Singapore Broadband Speed Test - Powered By NewMedia Express - Singapore Web Hosting [203.116.178.2] with 32 bytes of data:
Reply from 203.116.178.2: bytes=32 time=327ms TTL=49
Reply from 203.116.178.2: bytes=32 time=326ms TTL=49
Reply from 203.116.178.2: bytes=32 time=297ms TTL=49
Reply from 203.116.178.2: bytes=32 time=357ms TTL=49

Heh. I'm 4000km extra away, but my pings are about the same :D

Обмен пакетами с 203.116.178.2 по 32 байт:

Ответ от 203.116.178.2: число байт=32 время=374мс TTL=42
Ответ от 203.116.178.2: число байт=32 время=373мс TTL=42

Статистика Ping для 203.116.178.2:
Пакетов: отправлено = 4, получено = 4, потеряно = 0 (0% потерь),
Приблизительное время приема-передачи в мс:
Минимальное = 373мсек, Максимальное = 374 мсек, Среднее = 373 мсек

This month there where lots of ping issues in international servers( eclub server), when i called them, they said the problem was from their end and would fix it in few days and it was fixed as they promised. every thing was going well after the ping was fixed, but for 3 days ther was a sudden jump in ping on all the eclub servers. The normal ping from airtel in ecub sever was 100, but from fast 1 week the ping has jumped to 160-190 ( in game will be 250). When i called airtel, they said there is no problem from their end and didnt know whats the cause for this. My other online friend who uses airtel gets the same ping like i did. I was wondering, if ther any other people out there who is facing the same problem, or is this only me. Well i do get normal ping in al the indian server, like i used to get before. But it seems only i am having problem with eclub server. As i am a Left4dead2 player my primary server is eclub. Do you guys know whats the problem . I am thinking for changing my isp, if no solution is found soon. Can u guys reccomend me any good isp other than airtel. I fell airtel has lost its substance. thank you

I am too getting high ping from eclub servers for the past few days. The ping is around 300ms+. If you ask me, then airtel has made it a habit. If I had the necessary bandwidth & high upload speed of around 768kbps or above, I would have hosted my left 4 dead 2 server & said goodbye to all singapore servers but I guess thats the price you pay for being an Indian.

Back