Picture quality in LCD shops

• Thread starter Thread starter A_k_s_h_a_y
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 25
  • Views Views 5,365

A_k_s_h_a_y

ISP
500C
When asked about the terrible Tata Sky quality in all LCDs on display, The salesmen reply that its because they have split the signal of one TS connection to all LCDs. Or something like that.And they also say that if you connect a single TS connection to an LCD, then you will get DVD quailty :confused:Since none of my friends have DTH. I don't know if these salesmen are right ?Are they right ? Will it improve by any chance or is it just a plain lie ??

Plain Lie...See If you have big panel >=40inch picture quality would be pathetic with SD vids...nothing can be done about it.

It's a lie. Standard Definition (SD) content will always look bad on a HDTV. The bigger the screen the worse the picture.

OMG ! Then my mom and dad are in for big dis appointment :(. We are buying LCD this week mostly. Samsung Series 5 40inch, LA40A550 :cool2:Thanks guys btw.

i don't think so! because they split the feed, signal quality does suffer. if u use any dth at home wid ur 40" screen, results are good!

Well You can ask the salesman to connect the LCD directly to the STB and check...also search the forums..u should find ur answer...

yes, this is the way to go! they will do it and then u can check the quality! but a word of caution: if the quality still sucks, they will, sir, yeh Tata Sky ka problem hai reception ka n blah blah!:|

at least what the salesman said works with the cable tv serviceif the same cable line is connected to more than 1 tv in my case, then the signal went downi guess the same applies to dth as well...

its no lie that most of electronic shops split the dth connection to many lcd sets, so quality drops. Also, if ur going to buy 54'' and use sd stb, then the quality of picture will surely suck on this big screen.Besides, samsung dont have quality lcd's, they have them cheaper though. So if ur still interested, then play everything(dth,dvd,ps) on lcd in shop itslef, and if ur happy then bring it home.

Back