Picture quality in LCD shops

• Thread starter Thread starter A_k_s_h_a_y
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 25
  • Views Views 5,365
Go in for any 100 Hz Tv you will be assured of Clarity...

Tata(Sky will always suck on anything bigger than 29", Thanks to the COMPOSITE OUT....Component out on T(S+ will improve quality and clearity by a decent margin...but DVD quality is IMPOSSIBLE on NORMAL Tata(Sky.:cool2:

hii friends,,, i have 26inch Sony LCD TV and i am using Tata Sky DTH and wana tell u i am fully satisfied with the picture quality......what matters is the LCD TV you have i think SONY LCD TV gives amazing picture quality..... but i heard that BIG TV runs on mpeg 4 tech so might be pic quality will be better than ts......anyone using BIG TV plz reply

"satisfied" is a subjective term. I know people who are satisfied with 14" CRTs, as well as people who are not satisfied with 47" LCDs.But, there is no doubt that SD content (including DTH) will most definitely display better on a CRT built to display SD, rather than a HDTV LCD/Plasma. However, HD content will most definitely display better on a HDTV than a CRT. Unfortunately in India HD content is pretty much limited to ps3 / Xbox360.

hii friends,,,

i have 26inch Sony LCD TV and i am using Tata Sky DTH and wana tell u i am fully satisfied with the picture quality......
what matters is the LCD TV you have i think SONY LCD TV gives amazing picture quality.....

but i heard that BIG TV runs on mpeg 4 tech so might be pic quality will be better than ts......anyone using BIG TV plz reply

What matters is screen size. You watch 40+,50+'' sony lcd with normal ts, it will be disappointing display of video. 26'' is a small screen(Even crt's come with 34''.) so will give satisfactory video output.

Mpeg4 have nothing to do with video quality, it is just a compression tech.

I have read all the posts that have been made -1. SD broadcast will always look poor on HD tv2. Better to go for a HD ready set if you want to watch Tata Sky or other Dth3. Even better go for any HD ready plasma and check out the picture quality4. Splitting signals will not make an impact on video quality as booster and splitters are used, so there is no drop in signal quality.5. When u go for a demo they play blue ray demo and they show the picture quality of a Full HD set, when u get it home and connect cable, dth or dvd, u don't get the same colors of pictures and one gets shocked.6. Always take the content you view at home with you and ask them to play that on the set, ask them to play regular cable tv or Dth and then check the quality.7. Also spend time in calibrating your Tv for best pictures, the default settings suck big time and most of the time the contrast and brightness is turned up to the max to make the screen glow like anything, which spoils the image instead of producing real life pictures ...So keep the above points in mind next time you go for a purchase ...

Back