Picture quality in LCD shops

• Thread starter Thread starter A_k_s_h_a_y
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 25
  • Views Views 5,365
For HD broadcasting i believe from customer point of view we need to have HD TV too right my friend........

ok thanks all ! I have 29CRT also, will use both ;) ! :thumbsup:afaik News channels and music channels should rock on the LCD.my mom is ok with the CRT for soaps. hope these DTH guys go HD at least 720p ASAP.When i am done i will post pictures and small review hopefully :)

I have a SAMSUNG 40 inch LCD TV series 4. Initially i got it from shop by seeing the dvd out, which was really good. But when we came home and connected Tata Sky the pic was horrible. Then i thought i wasted 70k on this product..:o:wall: Then after 2 months i got DENON AV receiver AVR 1909... it was around 40K. The AV receiver has both audio amplification and video amplification. Models lesser than this has only Audio amplification and no video amplification.:thumb: This feature in AV receiver is known as Video Upscaling... it can convert upscale 480i/576i to 1080i/ 720p/ 1080p. that is increasing the resolution of the video. After connecting it the picture quality is awsome... really clarity u can watch... But for this u have to invest around 100 k...:)Please be careful in buying AV receviers... they will divert u buy showing u Video upconverting... guys there is a huge difference between Video Upconversion and Video Upscaling... But still the only problem which i am facing is 4:3 to 16:9. that i am doing by croping the video. that is not a huge problem since most of the video comes with black areas.. only problem is channel logos get croped up.:thumb:

Man i already got a HT. Got it years back. Onkyo HT 340 AV receiver and can't upgrade the AV any time soon.you know any cheap upscaler ??

No... dont go for a cheap upscalers... upscalers are available but not branded once.. you can get china black market upscalers also... but in that we have faced many problems. After trying it only i went to a AV receiver... the problem in video and audio sync... when u do video upscaling alone it takes too much time for processing hence there is a delay between audio and video... but u can try to compensate the delay with an audio processor like AV receiver that u r currently having.. then also when ever u change a channel or signal changes the delay tends to be at different time... So it is better to have upscaler in AV receivers it self so that they can process both audio and video and also solve lip sync problems... So either try to upgrade ur AV receiver or get a new one... In Av receivers itself as far as i have seen AVR 1909 is the cheapest AV receiver from DENON which has upscaling feature...

But still the only problem which i am facing is 4:3 to 16:9. that i am doing by croping the video. that is not a huge problem since most of the video comes with black areas.. only problem is channel logos get croped up.:thumb:
Well, there's a option in Video setup for A.Ratio.

Back