• Thread starter Thread starter mshiva
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 9
  • Views Views 4,169

mshiva

Regulars
ISP
BSNL
I am very fond of pet fishes. I love to grow a fish in a bowl at my table, they make me cheerful when I am at serious study.

Actually, we have had many, really many, goldfishes and other tiny fishes, in a tank and most of them died, though some could live for a little more than a year. :(
Also, I tried growing two love birds, but they flew away.:wall:

Could somebody tell me what kind of fishes can be grown in a bowl(medium-sized)?

I (more particularlly my mother) hate fighters.:confused:
So, please suggest me some good cute hardy fish that can be kept in salt water (Our water is very salty.)

koi kaph and shubhankin ..koi kaph are not much to look at but they don't die easily. shubhankins have sub varieties which have colorful spots on them. both these varieties can stand temperature changes to some extent and will live happily with each other if u don't crowd the tank . also keep a small sucker fish in the tank.. it will keep it clean.

Long back I used to have this hobby. In my experience, its very very difficult to grow fish in a bowl. The ambient condition is a bigger fish tank (rectangular one) or a cement tank (the best). Its very nice to watch the fish in a bowl, but it will only survival for few months.

Long back I used to have this hobby. In my experience, its very very difficult to grow fish in a bowl. The ambient condition is a bigger fish tank (rectangular one) or a cement tank (the best). Its very nice to watch the fish in a bowl, but it will only survival for few months.

Yes, I have been successfull in growing fishes in tanks and cement tanks. In cement tanks they grow faster and stronger.
But, by "successfull", I mean they lived for more than two months.

And I have never heard of koi kaph. I will try both shubunkin and koi kaph.

Shubunkin - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Koi - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Thanks...

I was only trying to cremate them on the stove but it started smelling like fish fry So I had to taste them..:P

Death of larger fishes are actually difficult to cope with I had 3 large gold fish as large as my fist & when they died it was bad. Also they werent tasty when I cooked them.

:rofl::rofl:One of the funniest things I have read on this forum!!!

Back