Port Forwarding not working on Dasan H660GM-A.

• Thread starter Thread starter superuser_
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 3
  • Views Views 523
ISP
Airtel
Wanted to forward a custom port for which I first assigned static local IP to the device and added port forwarding rule for that local IP address, But the port is not being forwarded. I check port forwarding with GRC | ShieldsUP! — Internet Vulnerability Profiling and it keep showing "STEALTH" instead of "OPEN!" and I AM running the application (for which the port has to be forwarded) before checking the port. Am I missing something? UPnP, DNZ, etc are those options should be enabled? (Tried enabling DNZ but It was still not working). I was able to forward a port easily with my old ZTE router but its just not working with this router. Please help.

fixed yet?

fixed yet?
No. I'm starting to think my new connection is CGNAT (like everyone else) and no matter what settings I apply on my router my port will not be forwarded. I think there is not any options other than buying the static IP and talking to airtel. I don't how it works on the connection in my PG - maybe because it's an old connection I don't know. I have to stick with ngrok for software development and for gaming/torrenting I'm out of options.

An easy way to figure out if you are behind a CGNAT is by checking the IPv4 addressed assigned to your router from the Status / IPv4 Connection info page, if it starts with 100.x or any private IP, you are behind a CGNAT

Back