• Thread starter Thread starter scott274
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 15
  • Views Views 5,576

scott274

BBF Noob
ISP
MTNL Triband
In the last two years I have been having a lot of power supply problems in my PC due to which I had it changed once or twice and repaired once and now again since three-four months it's making a lot of noise (sometimes irregular noise). My dealer says it's a normal problem and keeps on happening many times around the year to everybody. Is this true! Why could this be happening?? :wall:It looks like I will have to replace it again now. Which is a good power supply unit in the market nowadays. I am thinking of buying it myself this time if someone can help me with the brand, model, compatibility etc.

dust is a major problem. on my last desktop i had to change the SMPS every couple of months... the fans get choked up and stuff like that.there is no good solution if you cannot prevent dust from entering the SMPS...you can however consider investing in a good quality SMPS from companies like coolermaster... they cost a lot compared to the cheap ones available in the market.

Er.. It seems like it's not my power supply but the motherboard fan that is making the noise. When I start my PC, it starts with a considerable loud noise and after sometime the noise lowers down a bit but if I work on my PC for a longer period, the noise increases (although not as high as when it is just started) to a dull steady again. Even a friend who came to visit me that say exclaimed what loud noise my PC was making. Any ideas why this could be happening.

I had similar issue few months back.My desktop use to make noise like a mixie, fan speed was alway on 3200 to 3600rpm, but the moment i turn the A.C. on, and room got little chilling, the noise used to stop, i was suspecting it to be the FAN and heatsink, but when i just took off only the FAN part, i found the reason, the dust was all Jamming the way in the heat-sink fins, and when i cleaned them using a small "screw driver, All-Pin, little cloth" it works cool now.you can find clamps on the CPU FAN, which clamps the fan to heatsink, just take off those clamps and you have fan removed, keep the heat-sink fixed, cause if you break a lock or un-able to fit it properly, u can end up with a BURNED UP CPU.

anvir.com/ Anvir Task Manager.Monitor CPU, memory, HDD temperature and load, network, notebook battery and show icons in system tray etc. Even otherwise a very useful program.

Even my PC makes lots of noise..and after a rigorous inspection...I found out that..There was lots of dust in my PC..I cleaned it and then its working fine now..

Can I use a vaccum cleaner over the fan without removing it to clean it. Will it be effective. Right now I just use a brush from the top to clean my fan. but it's useless and the noise doesn't go away. I have never removed the fan from the heat sink yet.

keep the cpu fan on auto speed mode in bios and i usually remove the heat sink and give it a small bang or two and that sets everything in there right position.

Back