• Thread starter Thread starter scott274
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 15
  • Views Views 5,576

scott274

BBF Noob
ISP
MTNL Triband
In the last two years I have been having a lot of power supply problems in my PC due to which I had it changed once or twice and repaired once and now again since three-four months it's making a lot of noise (sometimes irregular noise). My dealer says it's a normal problem and keeps on happening many times around the year to everybody. Is this true! Why could this be happening?? :wall:It looks like I will have to replace it again now. Which is a good power supply unit in the market nowadays. I am thinking of buying it myself this time if someone can help me with the brand, model, compatibility etc.

Can I use a vaccum cleaner over the fan without removing it to clean it. Will it be effective. Right now I just use a brush from the top to clean my fan. but it's useless and the noise doesn't go away. I have never removed the fan from the heat sink yet.

Never use vaccum cleaner to clean a pc, static electricity from the vaccum cleaner can damage your pc components.

Not only the static, the suction power of most cleaners is so strong it would literally suck in most of the resistors etc on the board. Best way to clean stubborn dirt in a PC is a blower or a can of compressed air.For the PSU fan, take it to a local computer guy and have it replaced, can be done in under Rs. 200.

My CPU Fan has intel written on it and looks like this..

Does anybody know what model it is and how much would it cost to replace another exactly like it.
Or can I go for a newer CPU fan model. If yes which (recommendation) and what would be the cost.

But if mine was an original one do you know what model it could be from the pics and how much would it cost to to get another original like it. If it wouldn't cost much I was thinking of buying a new one, maybe even a different better compatible model of a CPU fan if you could advise me on it.

Back