PPPoe configuration Not Working

• Thread starter Thread starter harsha_c
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 15
  • Views Views 71,726
Oops.. sorry @tilt I just realized that you only created that thread.

You said you have got mac address binding done. Didn't that work for you? If I am not wrong, even though you don't have to login, you will still need to restart the router every 24 hours right?

@gopichandpai,

The MAC address binding did not resolve the issue, in fact it worsened it. What happened is, I was still on DHCP. The technician said that MAC binding would remove the need to login every 24 hours, but what happened is as follows:

I would lose internet every 24 hours, but now, instead of logging back into the portal from my web browser, I had to disconnect the power and Ethernet cable from the router, wait for a few minutes, reconnect the cables, wait for my router to restart and get connected, and then re-login into my wireless network and then the internet would come back on.

So, I asked them this afternoon to remove the MAC binding and went back to normal DHCP where I have to login from my browser every 24 hours. That's easier than the other method!

I started googling for other Fibrenet providers and noticed that every one of themn around the world (iuncluding our own BSNL) do provide modems at home to which the wifi router is connected. But ACT does not give any modems, they only provide an Ethernet cable that connects to some junction box in some other building in the neighbourhood!

Cheers

A suggestion: Get the cheapest router possible (Less than Rs. 650). Or get a used one. Use your Apple extreme as an access point.
Now you can browse without logging in every 24 hours.

Hi,

We have got the ACT internet connection yesterday. When we tested directly connected laptop with PPPoe , we are able to get 95Mbps speed (100Mbps internet package ). If we try to connect the same connection over enterprise router (Fortigate 90D), we use to get 35 to 40Mbps speed.

Please suggest what is the exact configuration we have to configure (general settings like MTU, speed-dupex, settings) in the router level to achieve full bandwidth speed.

Best, Surendra

I have started facing the disconnection problem from act for my pppoe connection recently with my D-Link DSL-2750U router!! Power light goes to red sometimes and without any change starts working after restart

Last edited:
Back