Question regarding 4 MBPS 1399 Plan(Delhi)

• Thread starter Thread starter karanc6
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 19
  • Views Views 4,201

karanc6

ISP
Airtel
Hello,

First of all I wanted to tell you guys the first experience with Airtel has been very weird for me.

I just got their connection (4 mbps 1399 plan) 3-4 days back, I clearly stated to them I want that plan, installation was done, and then when it's installed I get to know that I've been given the 899 Plan with 512 Kb/s dl speed (8gb limit and then 256 kbps) , out of no where they give me a plan I never even MENTIONED.

Alright, so they tell me I can change the plan , I have filed a request to change the plan to 1399 and they are telling me it will be done under 5 working days.

I wanted to ask you guys ,

1) Do they change the plan easily , or they will give me more hassle?

2) What is the upload speed I will get on 4mbps plan?

I basically want this plan for online gaming, my friend has the same plan where he gets 700-1000 kbps upload speed, am I gonna get the same upload speed on the 4mbps 1399 plan?

Thank you and really appreciated if someone can answer my questions.

if you are switching to an official plan, migration should be no problem. i believe the maximum upload speed given by airtel is 1mbps. though some users have seen better.

if you are switching to an official plan, migration should be no problem.

i believe the maximum upload speed given by airtel is 1mbps. though some users have seen better.

Thanks for the quick reply, but the max. upload speed 1mbps is for the 4mbps plan only?

Something to note is, when I go to my modem's settings page, the max upstream is showing at 5xx kbps, will this change to 1xxx kbps when my plan is upgraded?

1mbps is offered on 1/2/4 mbps plans. not sure about their 8/16mbps plans though. yes, that setting should be updated. if not, you have more reasons to complain to airtel about. the fact remains, airtel does not promise any specific upload speeds with their packages. but you should get at least 1mbps.

Yeah that is the problem,Though my friend who has this same plan , he had 512kbps plan before, after he upgraded he did get 1mbps u/l speed so i'm hoping for that.But I don't know what to complain to them incase my u/l speed is not upgraded because when I talked to their representative they told me they do not "provide" and do not "commit" on upload speeds, lol

right. that is a possible problem. but once your plan is upgraded, and that setting is not... you still should try to get it fixed. you might get lucky locating a person who agrees that 1mbps uploads should be there in the 4mbps plan. in the end, airtel is being a douche. they consider both uploads and downloads in the limit. so it is good for them if the user ends up eating his allocated data faster.

tough question to answer. it could be 3 days or it could be a week. some users have found out that they simply forget it! :D if it is not changed within a week, file a complaint.

Nowadays people are getting a callback (Myself & one more person did) to confirm a change in plan (maybe because we downgraded) - my suggestion - callback at 198 after 2-3 days of activating the new plan to recheck if you are in the upgraded plan

Guys its been 5 days and they havent changed my plan yet,the deadline they gave me for change of plan was 9th march but its 10th now and its still not changed.... I just called them up and the customer care guy told me it is still processing and it might take any number of days for it to get changed ,he also said he cannot commit the time limit.. What should i do now guys???

Back