MTNL Mumbai Question Regarding TP W8968 Router

Yes any combination doesnt make any difference. I did hard reset as well. The line attenuation and snr margin are ok. They remain nearly the same as my 2 other routers show for adsl2. (But in my case gdmt might as well be from the same server as adsl2). Also gaming is no better with this router.which makes me believe that i am on gdmt.
Adsl2 modulation should work anynhow.

Yes attainable rate and snr margin are different on my dna 2012 for gdmt and adsl2.
Contacted tp customer care they remotely checked my router settings and admitted its a issue and that nothing they can do about it.maybe. i could force installing the same version of firmware via dl on my current router.
I am returning the router to Amazon.

Also can you tell me which annex is usually the most stable with adsl2?(stable latency and not neccesarily higher dl speeds as this may mean unstability)

G.DMT for stability.

Annex M for higher upload.
I'm not sure about this, but, from what I know, Annex M allows for lower latency. Can't test it as my connection works only on Annex M.

Had a talk with a MTNL Engineer. He recommended against buying TP-Link. Said many complaints originate from those modems.

It was a issue with that router piece or newly launched version 4 variant.i returned it.
Also it did not improve pings or solve time outs over dna2012. This mtnl routers arent as bad as compared to entry level branded routers.

If water supply flow at your home is constant and adequate then you may think water tap has a issue but if the flow isnt constant buying a jaguar tap will only increase its show.

Back