Questions about recording on tata sky plus dth

• Thread starter Thread starter Krishh
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 7
  • Views Views 3,627

Krishh

ISP
Airtel
Hi,I don't get much time to watch live tv, so my main interest in TS+ is in the recording functions.1. how far in advance can you set shows to record? For instance, on Monday, can i program in all the shows i want recorded for the whole week, and then on sunday sit and watch the recordings? Can this be done two weeks or a month in advance?2. I've been told that many of the tv series can't be recorded using the 'series' option. In these cases, is it possible to program the recorder for each individual show? 3. Is it easy to record shows in advance?thanks!

>1. Depends on EPG. If Tata Sky is providing 7 days EPG then on any day you can schedule recording for any programme coming in next 7 days.>2. If you set to record a 'series', then all episodes of that programme (coming at that specific time of the day) would get scheduled for recording. No need to schedule single show.>3. Easy? you mean ease in using or ease in performing. Ease in using depends on how familiar you get with the EPG & other setting stuff. About performing, it again depends upon EPG provided by TATASKY and its (EPG) correctness.

Hi,

I don't get much time to watch live tv, so my main interest in TS+ is in the recording functions.

1. how far in advance can you set shows to record? For instance, on Monday, can i program in all the shows i want recorded for the whole week, and then on sunday sit and watch the recordings? Can this be done two weeks or a month in advance?

2. I've been told that many of the tv series can't be recorded using the 'series' option. In these cases, is it possible to program the recorder for each individual show?

3. Is it easy to record shows in advance?

thanks!

1. 4 days far in advance you can set shows to record. For instance, on Monday, you can program in all the shows you want recorded for the next four days.

2. I was told too that many of the tv series can't be recorded using the 'series' option. In this case, it is possible to program the recorder for each individual show.

3. I find it easy to record the shows in advance.

I asked for a demo at my home before purchasing the Tata Sky plus.

The EPG takes some time to get familiar with to know how it operates once you are accustomed to schedule programme recording and all its features it is really a piece of cake.

1. 4 days far in advance you can set shows to record. For instance, on Monday, you can program in all the shows you want recorded for the next four days.

Only 4 days of EPG provided by Tata Sky/TATASKY+?

Anyways if its 4 days, then yes users can schedule recordings for next 4 days.

^ Yes, earlier it used to be 7 days, but now it has come down to 4. Even that is not accurate. I have set Reminders for programmes less than 24 hours in advance only to find a different programme being aired at that time. The web is a much better source.

Best is to view the select 41 channels on Airtel IPTV....but if you are not in NCR then There is no other option than TS+.Many channels do not support the series link function but Most of the STar and Sony channels do support this and you can record your programs without bother, but remember to add 10 min buffer on both sides (The default is lesser...may be 2 min) as most of the times TS does not give accurate data on its EPG. and Yes 4 days max for individual programs. Because we get Hindi EPG too..(who cares)

It should come back to 7 days schedule period has it reduced because of the doubled time in recording?

Back