Questions regarding Hayai Broadband

• Thread starter Thread starter Shivaharsh
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 118
  • Views Views 35,316
Status
Not open for further replies.
so they don't have FUP for mumbai but have it for the rest of the country (at least as per their site). does that spare them the curses?

they don't have TTML DSL servicee in the rest of the nation

they have PHOTON WIRELESS and WIMAX things

---------- Post added at 06:14 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:13 AM ----------

also the good thing,they provide equal uploads,i love it

so you are saying tata does not have wireline broadband outside mumbai?

so you are saying tata does not have wireline broadband outside mumbai?

not DSL broadband,IT IS AVAILABLE In maharashtra

they advertise WIMAX also as wireline as the wimax dish and ur home is connected by wire

and for some reason PROTON PRO

PROTON PLUS is advertised as WIRELESS

ok i do not have access to this brochure right now. this is being distributed around in my building for a couple of weeks now. if i am to believe you this is their wimax based service?

ok i do not have access to this brochure right now. this is being distributed around in my building for a couple of weeks now. if i am to believe you this is their wimax based service?

yes i had this brochure too

this is there WIMAX brochure

expensive isn't it?

TATA TTML doesn't.TATA WIMAX has it.AND i use TATA TTML which was TATA VSNL.top notch quality

Tata in Maharashtra does have an Fair Usage Policy based on the speed of the connection. They are not advertised very prominently.

i was saying that after the DATA plans provide LOWER Speed so people won't feel limited

That would defeat the purpose of data plans. We could offer a small top-up to keep it going at like 256k or whatever or they can just top up with more data.

u can but you have to use their premium PAID PSN cards which you can buy from people abroad online and get the code or have that regions credit card

So you have to get around it utilizing grey-market methods... how is this really that different from us caching a large binary blob?

barely anyone in INDIA downloads anything so most of the time when somebody would download it from PSN on HAYAI it would be first time. and everytime it would need a new code as PSN things don't allow sharing and only play on one console

While that might be true for authentication and session purposes, the file will still be accompanied by metadata which could be utilized if by the caching server.

You can't honestly tell me that you're the only PSN user in India who downloads his games.

how else would you cache

It's not like the file itself will be console-unique... we'd only be caching the file and it's corresponding hash (validation against a corrupt transfer), not any of the customer or session information.

tata also had Fair Usage Policy on their broadband connections. and customers were asked to switch to an expensive plan or get their connections cut. not sure if it's still relevant.

Yeah they still do that from what I hear.

TATA TTML is a wireline DSL connection

TATA WIMAX.PROTON have Fair Usage Policy's

I'm talking about TTML DSL. The largest Fair Usage Policy was something like 125GB on their 4Mbit/s unlimited plan... somewhere on this forum said policy is bound to be written.

just look at the TATA TTML thing on the side and also they are only in MAHARASHTRA so select MUMBAI in the location selector at the top

Granted, having visited TATA Photon ADSL Tariff - Unlimited Internet Plans and selecting "Mumbai" in the location box, as well as Wireless internet connection, broadband internet connection, mobile internet connection, broadband service providers, I get plans which are advertised as unlimited, but then I think it's section 11 of the Terms and Conditions that they say they can suspend or terminate your account for "excessive usage". Somewhere I think even @admin was discussing maybe as much as a year ago the Fair Usage Policy limits on Tata wired broadband.

It's entirely possible (but unlikely) that this Fair Usage Policy has been rescinded, but if that is indeed the case, then maybe Tata is the new ISP of choice in place of Airtel.

---------- Post added at 06:50 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:49 AM ----------

This brochure is a combination of all Tata services - WiMax, ADSL and Metro Ethernet. Wimax doesn't do 100Mbit/s.

Tata has Wireline service nationwide. Tata has several branded ISPs. TTML is Tata Maharashtra, but they have service providers in other states. Even Tata ADSL is coming under the photon name now but it's very confusing, because you can get information from tataindicom.com, tataphoton.com and digitalmumbai.in - all about the same product.

Tata in Maharashtra does have an Fair Usage Policy based on the speed of the connection. They are not advertised very prominently.

TATA WIMAX,TATA PROTON PLUS AND PROTON PRO have FUP in mumbai but not TATA TTML

TATA TTML also looks out for PROTON AND PROTON PRO

i have downloaded more than 350GBS ON TATA TTML DSL 2MBPS CONNECTION AND UPLOADED 400GBS in one month and no reduction

So you have to get around it utilizing grey-market methods... how is this really that different from us caching a large binary blob?

its not grey market as the amount goes fully to Sony

While that might be true for authentication and session purposes, the file will still be accompanied by metadata which could be utilized if by the caching server.

You can't honestly tell me that you're the only PSN user in India who downloads his games.

yeah but most of the stuff of the millions of this will be individually downloaded as there are only 50,000 PS3 sold legally in INDIA.

It's not like the file itself will be console-unique... we'd only be caching the file and it's corresponding hash (validation against a corrupt transfer), not any of the customer or session information.

No but PSN verifies it with the console code not the file and thats why PS3 hasn't been hacked till now because of so tight security

there are no other ways to cache,you would have to buy all the data on Worldwide PSN.

I'm talking about TTML DSL. The largest Fair Usage Policy was something like 125GB on their 4Mbit/s unlimited plan... somewhere on this forum said policy is bound to be written.

their 4mbps plans aren't unlimited

only till 2mbps

Granted, having visited TATA Photon ADSL Tariff - Unlimited Internet Plans and selecting "Mumbai" in the location box, as well as Wireless internet connection, broadband internet connection, mobile internet connection, broadband service providers, I get plans which are advertised as unlimited, but then I think it's section 11 of the Terms and Conditions that they say they can suspend or terminate your account for "excessive usage". Somewhere I think even @admin was discussing maybe as much as a year ago the Fair Usage Policy limits on Tata wired broadband.

It's entirely possible (but unlikely) that this Fair Usage Policy has been rescinded, but if that is indeed the case, then maybe Tata is the new ISP of choice in place of Airtel.

all ISP's do that but they don't have any such limit as i have said before i have download and upload more than 700gbs combined in one month.

This brochure is a combination of all Tata services - WiMax, ADSL and Metro Ethernet. Wimax doesn't do 100Mbit/s.

that brochure that admin showed was of WIMAX as TTML has different department and that brochure was from the WIMAX department

AND WIMAX revisions have made it 1gbps stationary speeds and 100 mbps moving speeds

---------- Post added at 07:09 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:06 AM ----------

Tata has Wireline service nationwide. Tata has several branded ISPs. TTML is Tata Maharashtra, but they have service providers in other states. Even Tata ADSL is coming under the photon name now but it's very confusing, because you can get information from tataindicom.com, tataphoton.com and digitalmumbai.in - all about the same product.

TATA WIRLINE is for phones

they also call WIMAX and PHOTON PRO as wireline

the TATA website is full of shit as they have so many services with different names

as for MAHARASHTRA they have equal uploads and unlimited no FUP service

solid_snake4rd said:
TATA WIMAX,TATA PROTON PLUS AND PROTON PRO have FUP in mumbai but not TATA TTML

TATA TTML also looks out for PROTON AND PROTON PRO

First of all, it's Photon, with an H.
Secondly, I'm aware that their wireless services have FUPs but as of now if you subscribe to an ADSL plan with Tata it comes with an FUP.

solid_snake4rd said:
i have downloaded more than 350GBS ON TATA TTML DSL 2MBPS CONNECTION AND UPLOADED 400GBS in one month and no reduction

If you are an existing customer, it is entirely possible that FUPs are not applied. That is all.

solid_snake4rd said:
its not grey market as the amount goes fully to Sony

But you cannot buy the product as an Indian living in India, you said yourself that you have to get someone else to buy it for you. That is what grey-market is.

solid_snake4rd said:
yeah but most of the stuff of the millions of this will be individually downloaded as there are only 50,000 PS3 sold legally in INDIA.

And your point is?

solid_snake4rd said:
No but PSN verifies it with the console code not the file and thats why PS3 hasn't been hacked till now because of so tight security

there are no other ways to cache,you would have to buy all the data on Worldwide PSN.

Then we will do just that. I am having a conference call on Friday morning with the guys in Singapore for this exact topic.

solid_snake4rd said:
their 4mbps plans aren't unlimited

only till 2mbps

According to the website, they have 4Mbit/s "unlimited" plans for 8700 or something.

solid_snake4rd said:
all ISP's do that but they don't have any such limit as i have said before i have download and upload more than 700gbs combined in one month.

Good for you, but this is not what we are debating.

solid_snake4rd said:
that brochure that admin showed was of WIMAX as TTML has different department and that brochure was from the WIMAX department

AND WIMAX revisions have made it 1gbps stationary speeds and 100 mbps moving speeds

NTT has demonstrated this speed in test conditions but in reality this all means jack. As for achieving 100Mbit/s in any case, you simply will not with the equipment Tata is using, especially since the equipment is not released yet. You might want to subscribe to WiMax News.

That being said, if you check more carefully instead of arguing with me, you will find that the 10, 20 and 100 Mbit/s services offered by Tata are through a Cat5e cable, not wireless, irrespective of who the brochure was being distributed by.

solid_snake4rd said:
TATA WIRLINE is for phones

they also call WIMAX and PHOTON PRO as wireline

Yes, but Tata is putting all it's ADSL services under the Photon brand.

solid_snake4rd said:
the TATA website is full of shit as they have so many services with different names

I agree.

solid_snake4rd said:
as for MAHARASHTRA they have equal uploads and unlimited no FUP service

If you say so. Like I said, this may be true for old customers, but on new accounts, ensure you read the small print - Tata reserves the right to suspend or terminate your account for "excessive usage".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back