Questions regarding Hayai Broadband

• Thread starter Thread starter Shivaharsh
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 118
  • Views Views 35,316
Status
Not open for further replies.
the TATA photon PRO is from TATA TTML agreed that i do

TATA BROADBAND 2.0 provides WIMAX,ETHERNET(but not like TATA TTML PHONE LINE ADN PRICES,SERVICES,ETC are bad)

Like I was saying.

now you are saying you will do the best you can

but when you made a thread about it you didn't say that.you said PSN and XBOX LIVE users will get better speeds as you have AKAMAI and Limelight and that is not for everything

so dont make a thread about it and stop telling other people that you will have beetter speeds as that will be not possible on most downloads

But if they download from the official Indian PSN and XBL then they WILL get the better speeds. I'm now talking about grey market users such as yourself, downloading from the UK/USA.

as you are only doing whats in ur hands as like other ISP's but don't make a thread claiming it like a feature on ur service

Because we would be making it a feature whereby the download from PSN does not contribute to the users quota. Other ISPs don't do that, AFAIK. That is a feature.

and if you are going to consult with lawyers and other people,make a thread after that.

Why?

not before that and then if somebody poses how is it possible? - 'oh let me talk to my people if it is possible or not"

"Would you like?" has never constituted an offer of such a service or feature.

In case you didn't realize, I wasn't asking for advice on how to do something - I was asking if anyone felt they could benefit from such a thing being included as part of the service. That has been half of the reason I've been posting on IBF for the past ~year or so.

As it happens, I think that including PSN and XBL in the Hayai Zone is something *you* need and would benefit from - so instead of worrying about how we do it, why not just say "yes, I'd like that feature" and then let me and my team figure out the details.

All I was saying is that I would take the advice of lawyers and technical people who actually do all this for a living and not just someone like yourself who tries to speak with authority as if you are actually involved in running the CDN for PSN/XBL.

Anything I've come up with has been explained to me in great detail by someone who works for these companies or by someone who works for another ISP. I know some ISPs in some countries are mirroring XBL and PSN without partnering, so I'm reasonably sure it's possible. I wouldn't have put up the suggestion, otherwise.

If you worked for Akamai, I might be able to take your word more seriously about how it is that all this works and what is and what is not possible.

If it turns out to not be possible, then we will just have to say "it's not possible" and in that case I will explain why.

But if they download from the official Indian PSN and XBL then they WILL get the better speeds. I'm now talking about grey market users such as yourself, downloading from the UK/USA.

you can't download stuff from anywhere else.

PS3 content is not hackable

if you do then mention that old from PSN india

"Would you like?" has never constituted an offer of such a service or feature.

In case you didn't realize, I wasn't asking for advice on how to do something - I was asking if anyone felt they could benefit from such a thing being included as part of the service. That has been half of the reason I've been posting on IBF for the past ~year or so.

ur thread claiming it didn't feel like asking

As it happens, I think that including PSN and XBL in the Hayai Zone is something *you* need and would benefit from - so instead of worrying about how we do it, why not just say "yes, I'd like that feature" and then let me and my team figure out the details.

All I was saying is that I would take the advice of lawyers and technical people who actually do all this for a living and not just someone like yourself who tries to speak with authority as if you are actually involved in running the CDN for PSN/XBL.

Anything I've come up with has been explained to me in great detail by someone who works for these companies or by someone who works for another ISP. I know some ISPs in some countries are mirroring XBL and PSN without partnering, so I'm reasonably sure it's possible. I wouldn't have put up the suggestion, otherwise.

If you worked for Akamai, I might be able to take your word more seriously about how it is that all this works and what is and what is not possible.

If it turns out to not be possible, then we will just have to say "it's not possible" and in that case I will explain why.

also even if you cache

the new PSN verification won't allow the things to be cached from international PSN

neither cache from AKAMAI

but PSN india things could be faster because of AKAMAI

you can't download stuff from anywhere else.

PS3 content is not hackable

if you do then mention that old from PSN india

You yourself claim to download from elsewhere. Make a decision.

ur thread claiming it didn't feel like asking

Cite a reference.

also even if you cache

the new PSN verification won't allow the things to be cached from international PSN

neither cache from AKAMAI

but PSN india things could be faster because of AKAMAI

You're talking about very different parts in the process.

Obviously you still buy the content from PSN in whatever country, but if it's been downloaded before, we could have it cached - the binary file by itself is not unique, and if the pattern matches something in the cache, then it can be delivered by our content caches as if it were locally hosted.

The same could theoretically apply to link-removed, Filehippo, Download.com etc - you're downloading a file through your account but if the file were cached in our servers it could be delivered as if it were local.

If binary files were unique to each person downloading them, then no ISP anywhere in the world could cache anything because it would all be wrong and corrupted by session and user data, and PSN servers would be overflowing with individual copies of each 66GB game.

mgcarley said:
You yourself claim to download from elsewhere. Make a decision.

i download from PSN only

on PS3 you can select which country you wanna make a PSN account for

but you can't buy things on abroad PSN from indian credit card or premium card

PSN servers in different countries can be accesed but not bought

i pay one of my friends in UK to buy a PREMIUM PSN paid card and then make a UK account and buy stuff

that money goes to PSN UK and i download from PSN UK servers

Cite a reference..

ur thread of PSN,XBLA mirrors

just don't forget to mention only from INDIAN PSN,XBLA.

You're talking about very different parts in the process.

[/QUOTE]Obviously you still buy the content from PSN in whatever country, but if it's been downloaded before, we could have it cached - the binary file by itself is not unique, and if the pattern matches something in the cache, then it can be delivered by our content caches as if it were locally hosted.

The same could theoretically apply to link-removed, Filehippo, Download.com etc - you're downloading a file through your account but if the file were cached in our servers it could be delivered as if it were local.

If binary files were unique to each person downloading them, then no ISP anywhere in the world could cache anything because it would all be wrong and corrupted by session and user data, and PSN servers would be overflowing with individual copies of each 66GB game.[/QUOTE]

the file needs to be downloaded from PSN and the PSN account thing locks the code

its not atall like FILEHIPPO,link-removed,things

the filehippo,link-removed download also work on other PC's many on PSN many restrictions as to limit the use on number of PS3's

the 66gbs things won't be overflowing as they only have the service of western PSN services and thats why they don't let you access other countries PSN with ur country's credit card

but they can't stop the premium cards loophole

i download from PSN only

on PS3 you can select which country you wanna make a PSN account for

but you can't buy things on abroad PSN from indian credit card or premium card

PSN servers in different countries can be accesed but not bought

i pay one of my friends in UK to buy a PREMIUM PSN paid card and then make a UK account and buy stuff

that money goes to PSN UK and i download from PSN UK servers

Ok. But the filehash will not be unique, thus we can cache it outside of any partnership we may strike up with PSN/XBL.

ur thread of PSN,XBLA mirrors

just don't forget to mention only from INDIAN PSN,XBLA.

I said it *could* happen, not that it *will* happen.

the file needs to be downloaded from PSN and the PSN account thing locks the code

...once the download is complete, yeah. But as men in the middle, all we see are 1's and 0's. Which we can cache.

its not atall like FILEHIPPO,link-removed,things

It is from our perspective. We can cache the 1's and 0's. Where it comes from is nobody's concern. If the file pattern matches something we have in the cache, we can and will deliver it as a local download.

the filehippo,link-removed download also work on other PC's many on PSN many restrictions as to limit the use on number of PS3's

Correct, but we can still cache the data.

the 66gbs things won't be overflowing as they only have the service of western PSN services and thats why they don't let you access other countries PSN with ur country's credit card

but they can't stop the premium cards loophole

What you're suggesting is that at their end, each individual file for each individual user is unique. Which it is not otherwise they'd have to have a million copies of each file for each time the person wants to download it again (maybe they reformatted the PS3 hard drive or something).

Sooooooooooo if we just cache a bunch of 1's and 0's like I've been saying, as they say in NZ "she'll be right".

Ok. But the filehash will not be unique, thus we can cache it outside of any partnership we may strike up with PSN/XBL.

it will be very hard with all the updates and patches that change the filehash.

It is from our perspective. We can cache the 1's and 0's. Where it comes from is nobody's concern. If the file pattern matches something we have in the cache, we can and will deliver it as a local download.

not for all,many companies regulater their own thing on PSN

so you have some more restrictions coming to PSN to stop used downloads or copies

also even if you were success at some of the cacheing even then advertise it as indian PSN only as you will have problems as people will get more speeds on some downloads and normal speeds on most of them

it will be very hard with all the updates and patches that change the filehash.

Do updates not come as separate files - otherwise if I'm not mistaken, you'd have to download the entire 60+GB again... and that would suck.

not for all,many companies regulater their own thing on PSN

so you have some more restrictions coming to PSN to stop used downloads or copies

also even if you were success at some of the cacheing even then advertise it as indian PSN only as you will have problems as people will get more speeds on some downloads and normal speeds on most of them

Keeping in mind that, if we were to cache a PSN download because you had downloaded it, it would *not* be a file unique to you. It would just be a binary blob, and despite what anyone tells you, such a copy is perfectly legal, even in the USA.

Yes, that's right, downloading an unmodified copy of a piece of software is perfectly legal - even in the United States. It doesn't matter whether it's from TPB or link-removed or whereever but the only catch is that you may only install and use that software if you have a valid license key.

For example, on any Microsoft CD they say "Do not make illegal copies of this disc" - in actual fact, there is no such thing as an illegal copy, it's just whether you distribute the license key along with it or not that determines pirated versus non-pirated (I only came to know this as one of my companies is a Microsoft Gold Partner).

In our case, we would merely be holding on to unmodified copies of the software, and when you download and install it to your PS3/XBox only then would it become licensed to you, and as far as we are concerned, this is perfectly legal.

But, I'll just have to see what the situation is for myself when I talk to the people who actually handle the distribution of PSN and XBL, won't I?

Do updates not come as separate files - otherwise if I'm not mistaken, you'd have to download the entire 60+GB again... and that would suck.

IF you have downloaded the game at first and then the patch came,you will get to download the patch

but the people who download the game not at fist,they get the patched version

and if another patch comes

then a new patched version of the whole game is put for whoever who downloads the game itself later

Keeping in mind that, if we were to cache a PSN download because you had downloaded it, it would *not* be a file unique to you. It would just be a binary blob, and despite what anyone tells you, such a copy is perfectly legal, even in the USA.

Yes, that's right, downloading an unmodified copy of a piece of software is perfectly legal - even in the United States. It doesn't matter whether it's from TPB or link-removed or whereever but the only catch is that you may only install and use that software if you have a valid license key.

For example, on any Microsoft CD they say "Do not make illegal copies of this disc" - in actual fact, there is no such thing as an illegal copy, it's just whether you distribute the license key along with it or not that determines pirated versus non-pirated (I only came to know this as one of my companies is a Microsoft Gold Partner).

In our case, we would merely be holding on to unmodified copies of the software, and when you download and install it to your PS3/XBox only then would it become licensed to you, and as far as we are concerned, this is perfectly legal.

But, I'll just have to see what the situation is for myself when I talk to the people who actually handle the distribution of PSN and XBL, won't I?

its alrite but more and more restrictions are coming up because of used game sales being countered by developers

It's hard enough to follow these threads as it is, without the added trouble of solid_snake4rd trolling in each and every one. Let me fix this thread for you:1. This is NOT the Tata forum.2. mgc believes that hosting an Akamai edge on the Hayai zone will benefit his customers, you do not. Lets agree to disagree, wait till his ISP launches, then restart this pissing contest.3. Can you at least wait for Hayai to start up before bitching and moaning? It's not like you've paid him for ISP services and he has failed you in some way. Starving children in Africa crib less than you do.@admin: Is it too much to ask for some restraint?

thread is aimed towards mg. if he is ok answering all the questions posed at him, i have no business telling him not to!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back