Questions regarding Hayai Broadband

• Thread starter Thread starter Shivaharsh
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 118
  • Views Views 35,316
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's hard enough to follow these threads as it is, without the added trouble of solid_snake4rd trolling in each and every one. Let me fix this thread for you:

1. This is NOT the Tata forum.
2. mgc believes that hosting an Akamai edge on the Hayai zone will benefit his customers, you do not. Lets agree to disagree, wait till his ISP launches, then restart this pissing contest.
3. Can you at least wait for Hayai to start up before bitching and moaning? It's not like you've paid him for ISP services and he has failed you in some way. Starving children in Africa crib less than you do.

@admin: Is it too much to ask for some restraint?

i am not trolling and you don't know anything we are dabting in detail so stop blaiming me

about the AKAMAI thing,its not confimed as he is still having a conference call and it had major loopholes which we were dabting proved you knew nothing about it and started talking without knowing

we are all waiting only just debating what will be possible

bitching are you who doesn't know the service and just behaving like be the good person and take anything that comes ur way

IF you have downloaded the game at first and then the patch came,you will get to download the patch

but the people who download the game not at fist,they get the patched version

and if another patch comes

then a new patched version of the whole game is put for whoever who downloads the game itself later

its alrite but more and more restrictions are coming up because of used game sales being countered by developers

Fair enough. Irrespective of what you think, if we can find a way to allow customers to download their PSN/XBL games at high speed and minimal to no cost (and I know we can), we will do just that.

As I've said, I'll be more inclined to believe the people who actually deal with this stuff as part of their work because I really don't believe you know all the technical details as well as they - or people in the industry that I rely on for advice - do. End of discussion.

It's hard enough to follow these threads as it is, without the added trouble of solid_snake4rd trolling in each and every one. Let me fix this thread for you:

1. This is NOT the Tata forum.
2. mgc believes that hosting an Akamai edge on the Hayai zone will benefit his customers, you do not. Lets agree to disagree, wait till his ISP launches, then restart this pissing contest.
3. Can you at least wait for Hayai to start up before bitching and moaning? It's not like you've paid him for ISP services and he has failed you in some way. Starving children in Africa crib less than you do.

@admin: Is it too much to ask for some restraint?

1. *THANK* you.
2. ...and not just Akamai!
3. I dare not comment.

i am not trolling and you don't know anything we are dabting in detail so stop blaiming me

about the AKAMAI thing,its not confimed as he is still having a conference call and it had major loopholes which we were dabting proved you knew nothing about it and started talking without knowing

we are all waiting only just debating what will be possible

bitching are you who doesn't know the service and just behaving like be the good person and take anything that comes ur way

Akamai *is* confirmed, has been since last year, and they're ready to send us a box. But we don't have to use *just* Akamai.

What I have been proposing is that we could potentially cache PSN independently as well for users such as yourself who download games from the UK servers, which you've been telling me is impossible, even though it clearly is not - as I've mentioned, iiNet in Australia cache PSN but they're not partnered with it officially (they are, however, partnered with XBL).

Why we want to do all this is because if just 100 users do what you do, that would be a saving of up to 7 Terabytes, which isn't insignificant.

Today we are talking to them about which services to avail because they can also help us with improving streaming video and so forth, and today in... 5 1/2 hours from now I will be talking with Limelight Networks about their services including XBL.

Akamai *is* confirmed, has been since last year, and they're ready to send us a box. But we don't have to use *just* Akamai.

What I have been proposing is that we could potentially cache PSN independently as well for users such as yourself who download games from the UK servers, which you've been telling me is impossible, even though it clearly is not - as I've mentioned, iiNet in Australia cache PSN but they're not partnered with it officially (they are, however, partnered with XBL).

Why we want to do all this is because if just 100 users do what you do, that would be a saving of up to 7 Terabytes, which isn't insignificant.

Today we are talking to them about which services to avail because they can also help us with improving streaming video and so forth, and today in... 5 1/2 hours from now I will be talking with Limelight Networks about their services including XBL.

i was trying to explain him

i know that AKaMAI has been and i have have discussed everything

Right, well, having spoken with Limelight and Akamai, we've come to the following conclusions: it looks likely that we can and will have arrangements for XBL and PSN respectively. Secondly, we also can set up caching servers to "cache all", whether you are downloading from PSN in UK/USA or elsewhere. I will be speaking to another person in London on Monday.Thirdly, Limelight will probably also help us out with streaming video - I'm not sure yet whether it will be on an event-basis or just generically improving throughput for customers on sites such as Youtube, Vimeo and anything else. From my understanding of how it will go, unlike Akamai who put an appliance in our NOC, Limelight have a PoP in Mumbai and we will just peer directly with them - we will lay fibers from their office to ours. I suggested bandwidth of 10Gbit/s between them and us to start with - but what we can actually get remains to be seen.

Maybe you could summarize what all do you plan to host locally / cache / have in hayai zone (you get the drift) . PSN / XBL ? Ubuntu mirrors ? What about sourceforge ? anything else ?

Maybe you could summarize what all do you plan to host locally / cache / have in hayai zone (you get the drift) . PSN / XBL ? Ubuntu mirrors ? What about sourceforge ? anything else ?

We have applied to Sourceforge yes - we would be the only Indian mirror, AFAIK, which could potentially work out well for us - even if the minimum bandwidth requirement is going to cost us over 15 lakhs a month :)

The "official" list is continually being fleshed out, but stuff like Microsoft updates and Ubuntu mirrors are already there (as are CentOS and a few others), courtesy of HNS. Google. Videolan and Mozilla. And anyone else we can find. Also trying to peer directly with... Netmagic and CDNetworks for their customers. Neither confirmed yet.

Maybe you can tie up with steam ? Most people i know get frustrated because it takes so much time downloading games from steam .

Maybe you can tie up with steam ? Most people i know get frustrated because it takes so much time downloading games from steam .

Steam is Blizzard, right? If so, Limelight already takes care of that... and EA Games.

Blizzard ? I dont think so . Steam is owned by valve .

There are over 1,100 games available through Steam. In January 2010 Valve claimed that it had surpassed 25 million active user accounts, and regularly has in excess of two million concurrent users.Although Valve never releases sales figures, Steam is considered by its competitors and clients to be the market leader, with an estimated 70% of the digital distribution market.
Many major publishers have catalogs on Steam, including Electronic Arts, Activision, 2K Games, Ubisoft, THQ, Sega, Codemasters, id Software, LucasArts, Capcom, Rockstar Games and Bethesda Softworks.

Steam (content delivery) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

That'd basically cover like 90% if the PC gaming market .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back