Really bad experience with Airtel for past 3 days.

• Thread starter Thread starter BornArcher8
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 15
  • Views Views 1,782
ISP
Airtel Fibre
Jio 4G
So last week I decided to shift even our house dth connection to Airtel and get discount thanks to Black plan. As fate would have it 2 days after getting black our Airtel Fiber connection started showing red signal for PON. This is not really a big issue because they usually fix it the same day or at max the next day.

But this time was a huge exception. They did not fix the connection till 17th May 3:30 PM when the issue was raised on 14th May 2:30 PM. I don't really know what's happening with Airtel backend but they have been assigning and reassigning technacians for past 3 days and all of them claim that my apartment doesn't come in their zone. At this point like 7 technicians were asssigned and reassigned.

I called 121 daily atleast twice but all they did is say they will esclate the issue and provide waiver for the connection. Finally fed up yesterday I requsted for disconnection and the supervisor says she will personally call me if it's not fixed by 12 pm. But that was also a lie. Btw Airtel Black is a big scam and even though I read online that its a scam I fell for it. The reason for scam is that when you go for disconnection they will show a bill pending of 2.2K even though connection is just 4 days old and my plan was the 699 Rs plan.

Finally I called 121 and requsted to be connected to Nodal Team. The CC representative connected me to Supervisor. I again requested Supervisor to connect me to Manager. Manager finally connected me to the orginal technician assigned on call and we spoke with him. After that call the technician came to my apartment to fix the issue in just 20 mins and issue was fixed in another 10 mins. So if anyone else has this issue request for Nodal Team/Manager because Manager is the only person with any power even Supervisor is waste.

The issue is even funnier because it was not even cable cut just a line coming to our apartment block was bent that's it (3 houses in our block had issue with Airtel). Technician just unbent it (not even resplice) and the connection is working fine now. Even input power levels are fine. Also this is not the technacians fault as he showed his app and the ticket was really not assigned to him. I don't know what's going on with Airtel assigning and reassigning tickets for 7 times in past 3 days.

While the Airtel connection is now solid this whole thing has left a sour taste about Airtel. I don't really recommend Airtel especially black anymore due to CC as while connection is good till it last's once you get an issue it becomes very difficult to solve.

I have this (your above) experience as a routine now with Airtel. I have been thru all this again & again.
1. They schedule appointments that are after 3 - 4 days
2. They reschedule appointments on their own
3. The assigned engineer claims he is not from this (your ) area
4. Their engineers do not pick up phone when called
5. For last 2 years I have been telling them to replace the entire cable (it has been spliced at 2 - 3 places) but they have never done it
6. I finally switched to Tata Play fiber. I still have airtel but I am going to close the connection soon.

Yes, if not for having Airtel Black (a foolish decision on my part), I would have definitely switched to ACT or Hathway today. I can't imagine having to go through this every time I have an issue with Airtel. I wish I hadn't taken Black and gotten trapped with Airtel. This time, I somehow got lucky thanks to a decent manager who connected me with the technician on the line and told the technician to fix the issue within two hours, or he would take action.

Literally, not a single technician properly attended to the phone. They either cut the call, didn't answer, or claimed it wasn't their region. By the way, three people from my block complained to Airtel on the same day and also called multiple times, but still, not a single technician came to fix the connection. When I requested DTH, even in the rain, a technician came and fixed the connection. They only care about new connections, which will definitely be their downfall.

Yeah really Airtel Black is a total scam, after 1 year I can surely say this but here my wirings are perfect, locality is perfect even Engineer is perfect as I now know him from a Long Time but because of their Modems, all are troubled like my area has all like Huawei, ZTE, Dragonpath, Nokia, Sercomm, ZyXEL everyone is fed up from Dragonpath & Zyxel as these are not up to the mark and now I have fallen for 1Gbps Fake Wi-Fi 6 ONT model AOT5221ZY (reviewed this ONT on my IBF Thread) even after having Wifi 6 cannot handle 4 Devices Load in a single time or say even 4 is big for this on 1 Device only it starts to lag out so in my area everyone is fedup of these new routers Airtel started giving to their consumers and whenever I ask my engineer for this they just say "We cannot do anything sir, Only Airtel can do anything"

Airtel has become pathetic.

1. Scammy black plans.
  2. Useless support who cannot even raise tickets properly.
  3. Assigned engineers are unprofessional and lie. Routers are worst and cannot be replaced.
  4. I hate when email support cannot read what you wrote and calls for same thing. If you missed their calls they will try again after 2 days or none at all. No way for you to call them and all numbers are marked as junk.
  5. Backend system messaging you to return router on active connection.

I have to get a new connection thinking what provider to choose. I have 5-6 prepaid airtel number and will have 2 broadband connection, still cannot get decent support occasionally when i need.

One more thing I would like to point out about Airtel specifically the email response that is received from [email protected].
I think it is automatically scripted by some programming methods or AI.
The previous mail (your msg) is not there below
There's no context to what you said before or provided them any info before
The mail is totally scripted like

Warm greetings from Airtel!

Thank you for your email dated 23rd May 2024, regarding connection not working related concern for your airtel broadband account number

We apologize for the inconvenience caused to you. We understand how upsetting this must be and appreciate your patience in this matter.

We tried to reach you at with the undersigned dated 25th May 2024. However, we were unable to establish contact with you as there was no response.

This adds to dissatisfaction as they simply ignore what you told them before.

That email team is slightly better than absolute dumbos at 121

But don't get your hopes High. They closed my last complaint saying they called me on my mobile and my issue was resolved but the mobile number mentioned was not mine and I couldn't answer their call earlier.
I e-mailed them mentioning their mistake but no response.

I don't understand why the f they call you instead of reading the damm email, if you miss their call , no resolution for you

These people call from number which as only outgoing facility, you cannot call back them and I feel they call for the sake of calling not interested in customer issues. Our email is very clear for what is to be done and those changes can be done or if not feasible then reply accordingly. Purpose of writing email is lost with Airtel

Reactions: Smh
Yep even I faced above issue when I tried converting my home connection to an office connection but if we miss their call they won't call back again unless you write an email. Another different issue is that the Managers and Supervisiors blatently lie telling that they will call by X time if the connection is not fixed and proceed with disconnection but that never haps.

And all those numbers get flagged as spam numbers by Google dialer, they will only make 2 calls back to back, if you miss they don't even try another call same day or next day.

Last time I missed calls 3 times because they do it at random times and when I even answered due to network issue it will disconnect. Ultimately after a week I gave up and got no resolution.

Now they don't even assign a SR number promptly.

Just to avoid this idiocracy i prefer emails. I know I have mentioned it multiple times in this thread but I hate this behaviour so much. If you want to talk allow call backs. No one can always answer your calls.

Back