Really bad experience with Airtel for past 3 days.

• Thread starter Thread starter BornArcher8
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 15
  • Views Views 1,782
After all this, one question remains in my mind : why you guys even bother to talk to them and break your sanity? Just let them go and switch to a different provider. Airtel is the most expensive customer facing ISP in India with the worst support (as you guys mentioned) then why banging your head over them? Just switch to a different one as we have many options in India. But still people will call this junk a premium ISP and pay double triple money to it 😂.

For me because I am locked in thanks to Airtel Black scam atleast for 3 months. If I want to switch before 3 months I have to pay 2K. Next time the Airtel connection goes down (hopefully after 3 months) I am definetly switching to Act or Hathway.

The reason I inform them is if not, they are totally ignorant. Things will never change And if they don't take any action, then their customer apathy & lack of commitment is clearly proven.
I have told all my concerns to them time and again but they are not committed to fix the suggested actions.
They need to be made understood that I am not dependent on them, they are on me, the customer.
I have a choice to switch to another provider.

The worst part is when I close the connection, their retention team will desperately follow-up with me to retain the connection and make false promises that everything will be fixed. Again a hypocrisy.

Also discussion here confirms that many users are getting the same experience so it's confirmed that you are not alone.

I have already switched to Tata Play and it's far better. In last 3 months there's hasn't been a single second downtime. I still have retained Airtel. Will close it in a month or so.

this degradation has happened in recent years and compared to jio, airtel is still a little flexible with their broadband tech atleast that was my reasoning. Other premium option was ACT for me but its not FTTH so power backup issue exist in some buildings.

Other options are all local ISP types including excitel.

So its kinda tricky situation. And I don't even want to deal with CS its only because of their shitty devices and backend we have to contact them unnecessarily. The only few times we need support they absolutely fail, there are only handful issues that customer need support with, it should not be complicated to read, listen what customer wants and fix it.

And getting rid of these ISP is another big task, they don't disconnect easily. Too many cables inside doesn't look good, returned devices gets lost in their system. So unless people see no other option they continue till its manageable.

My Airtel is down since 6 PM today. The idiot customer care asked me to reconnect the cable, restart the router and usual troubleshooting steps which do not help. Either the power has gone below -30 db or there's fiber cut.
The CC told me that slot is available for tomorrow 30-May 4 PM. I accepted it.

Now the SMS notification says engg will visit on 1-Jun 4 PM.
I already have Tata Play. By mid June I will be closing Airtel connection.

I negotiated and finally rescheduled the visit to today 3 - 4 PM. It's just 10 mins left before it's 4 PM.
No engg has called me. When I call on the number given in SMS (your SR has been assigned to XYZ 080xxxxxxxx) no one picks up the call.
I raised concern to 121 and she says the closure time is today 7PM. My query that engg did not contact me nor picking up my phone was disregarded.

I want to close the connection, but I want to close a WORKING connection, not a dead one.

Back