Recommend a DVD/CD burning software better than nero

• Thread starter Thread starter Deleted member 13033
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 24
  • Views Views 4,832
These are totally different things i guess.......just a suggestion that instead of going for pirated stuff (i know few of the options in Windows too are free), better go open source. The switchover has given me more benefits only.

i guess anyone technie enough to be here on the forum would know about the existence of linux. and most of us do not use it full time for some reason or the other. :) i can actually switch to ubuntu. i have done it in the past. but i cannot really get used to the eccentricities that comes with it.

Yes thats right. But when someone gets to know abt a live example, then they might feel motivated. Like i too got motivated from here only. I had never thought of Linux as an option, leave alone installing it myself...:DAnd the stuff that we need is available easily too.Anyways, the discussion is changing course......the burning suite available in this is quite useful. I made an image the other day to test it out.

I recommend you Cyberlink's Power2go 7 for music & Power director 9 movies, these are the best & fastest tools available in the market for standalone dvd/mp3 player or for car stereo.

Cyberlink supports hardware acceleration for nvidia graphic cards which furthermore speeds up the burning process/converting. It takes less than 30 minutes to burn a movie in 4.7 gb disc.

----------

ImgBurn
CDBurnerXP
InfraRecorder

for burning purposes.

I do not recommend the tools above, they art just for copying a data to a disc, go for cyberlink if you want your music to be played on a your home stereo or car stereo.
thanx

This is something new i have come across......Graphics card helps in burn process?

same applies to internet explorer too.
No, Internet Explorer 7 or 8 that comes installed with Windows 7 is not as good as Internet Explorer 9, Firefox or Chrome. Neither in terms of speed nor web standards. I doubt that's the case when it comes to CD/DVD burning software.

This is something new i have come across......Graphics card helps in burn process?

they help in media conversion if the app can make use of gpu acceleration. the question in this thread was just about burning.

----------

No, Internet Explorer 7 or 8 that comes installed with Windows 7 is not as good as Internet Explorer 9, Firefox or Chrome. Neither in terms of speed nor web standards. I doubt that's the case when it comes to CD/DVD burning software.

default writer in windows is a very basic app and in some cases would write disks in such a way that they are only accessible from windows.

If you only need burning software without encoding/conversion features then imgburn is the best and also free. probably better than nero

Back