Recording programs from Tata Sky

• Thread starter Thread starter haril
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 34
  • Views Views 15,770

haril

ISP
BSNL
Hi all, I live in Bangalore and I just got a DVD Recorder from the U.S. I was trying to record a program from Tata Sky but the video is only half screen and in black and white when I try to record. I have taken the video / audio out from the DIgi Comp and fed it to the video / audio in of the DVD recorder. The video / audio out from the DVD player goes back to my TV. The picture is ok as long as the DVD recorder is in standby mode. If I put it in record mode the picture gets distorted. When I called up Tata sky, they said that the signals are copyright protected and I cannot record them. Is this true? This is totally unfair to prevent a customer from recording programs for personal reasons to view later. Has someone encountered the same issue? Thanks in AdvanceHari

OH MY GOD.. u asked the Tata Sky CC for this help :hysterical: how can u expect that reply from them.

Hi all,

I live in Bangalore and I just got a DVD Recorder from the U.S. I was trying to record a program from Tata Sky but the video is only half screen and in black and white when I try to record. I have taken the video / audio out from the DIgi Comp and fed it to the video / audio in of the DVD recorder. The video / audio out from the DVD player goes back to my TV. The picture is ok as long as the DVD recorder is in standby mode. If I put it in record mode the picture gets distorted. When I called up Tata sky, they said that the signals are copyright protected and I cannot record them. Is this true? This is totally unfair to prevent a customer from recording programs for personal reasons to view later. Has someone encountered the same issue?

Thanks in Advance
Hari

Well what Tata Sky people said is correctso ensure that you don't call them again, google the issue, definitely u should be able to find some solution

:) hehehe, yeah just wanted to see what they will say. Dont trust them though. Anyway, I just found this forum on the net..thank God..I hope I can resolve this issue with some workaround and help from here.

fair use. i think that would exist in india.

May be you should check the video system setting.Tata Sky is broadcasted in PAL standard while in usa the standard followed is NTSC.So may be changing the setting in the recorder may help.

:) hehehe, yeah just wanted to see what they will say. Dont trust them though. Anyway, I just found this forum on the net..thank God..I hope I can resolve this issue with some workaround and help from here.

lucky that they did not ask or force you to buy Tata Sky personal recorder. I am not sure if their is any such recorder for tatasky, but there is one in Dishtv.

Good point there Riyu. I checked that as well. There is no setting in the recorder to choose from either NTSC or PAL. But I think thats just for recording mode and it records and plays back in NTSC. It shouldnt effect it since picture is perfect thru the DVDR in standby mode. I even tried using RF out to the RF in of my TV. Then video out from TV to video IN of DVDR...but same problem.

May be you should check the video system setting.Tata Sky is broadcasted in PAL standard while in usa the standard followed is NTSC.So may be changing the setting in the recorder may help.

yes.try this out.or select Auto.

Good point there Riyu. I checked that as well. There is no setting in the recorder to choose from either NTSC or PAL. But I think thats just for recording mode and it records and plays back in NTSC. It shouldnt effect it since picture is perfect thru the DVDR in standby mode. I even tried using RF out to the RF in of my TV. Then video out from TV to video IN of DVDR...but same problem.

can u post screenshots of the display of Tv you are getting when u try to do this.. then we will be able to help u:thumbsup:

Back