Recording Showcase Channel on TataSky+

• Thread starter Thread starter Raksha
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 57
  • Views Views 22,955

Raksha

ISP
MTNL
Hey guys (current TS+ users) I want to know if it its possible to fully Record an ordered - purchased Showcase Movie / event ? Also is it possible to Live Pause & Rewind in between the running movie.

I know what some of you might be thinking, whats the point in recording a Showcase movie or for that reason any movie with the Showcase logo on top right side of it when if you have ordered it you can watch it repeatedly back to back till midnight. But guys sometimes you just need to for e.g. just imagine a situation that you think some day that you are free today & in a good move top order a nice Showcase movie for which you are charged Rs. 75/- per movie, you order the earliest show & sit in front of your TV set & wait for it to begin, just then you get a phone call from your boss or office colleague that some urgent work has come up & you need to rush to the office & get stuck their at work badly & return home late by 11.30pm or so & are tired enough to watch the show. So what do you do then your 75/- Rs had been wasted if not for the Record feature with TS+. Or imagine some similar emergency situation where there is duty first entertainment later, then what do you do? This is the reason why I asked.

Also I wish to know if anybody have tried recording 2 different ordered movies coming on two respective showcase channels simultaneously? Does it work for this too?

:o 107 views & still not a single reply. Guys please reply, I desperately need to know this ASAP.

I think its possible, because Showcase is just like normal Channel. Only different is we will subscribe for a day, not for a month. So it can be done.
Sorry if i am wrong. :)

I will try that tonight and then will let u know.......but i guess that it can be done.....only actve services can't be recorded

I suppose it is not possible to SHOWCASE channel. Because these channels are major source of income for Tata Sky & due this they may not allow recording on this channel.

If you say so on Tata Sky+ i guess, but just have a look at these pics below. A friend of my friend had got a movie from his Internet LAN (bollywood movie - Darwaja Bandh Rakho) which is a TS+ showcase ripped one from a TS+ STB. Don't know how that person would have done this but its got superb print I have & seen this movie and following are its screen capured & thumbnails. We can clearly see the Showcase logo on top right of the screen. Any Idea how this might have been made possible.

http://img411.imageshack.us/my.php?image=cap2008pb9.jpg - http://img411.imageshack.us/my.php?image=cap2008pb9.jpg

Thumbnails - http://www.picscrazy.com/view/thumbs2008

^^^That could have been done by recording from 'AV Out' of STB on PC, by connecting AV out to PC card. This is very much possible as may be currently Tata Sky are not applying any copy-protection on its SHOWCASE channels.But I thought your question was recording SHOWCASE movies on STB's HDD, which I guess is not possible. And those movies are available 24 hours a day (with some preview break), 7 days a week (or till it is replaced), so customers can rent at their convenient time :cool2:

^^^
That could have been done by recording from 'AV Out' of STB on PC, by connecting AV out to PC card. This is very much possible as may be currently Tata Sky are not applying any copy-protection on its SHOWCASE channels.
But I thought your question was recording SHOWCASE movies on STB's HDD, which I guess is not possible. And those movies are available 24 hours a day (with some preview break), 7 days a week (or till it is replaced), so customers can rent at their convenient time :cool2:

:ashamed: hummnn... I guess you are right anyway. But still have you tried recording a Showcase movie (or two movies simultaneously) on the new TS+ STB.
Just curious... stubborn me. :P

You can record SHOWCASE channel content. But the movie will be deleted automatically after 72Hrs of first time start watching it.

You can record SHOWCASE channel content. But the movie will be deleted automatically after 72Hrs of first time start watching it.
Exactly the truth. Just happened to my recording of Oye lucky lucky oye!

Back