Reliance Big TV DTH on pc?[vga set?]

• Thread starter Thread starter nimit_10
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 29
  • Views Views 9,799
hey guys i bought that cable for 400 bucks and returned it in 2 hours as it did not work:wall:...my monitor is 22" viewsonic btw....so if some one gets success let me know.....btw i switched to big tv from tata...and there is not much diff in composite video...i was hoping to find a huge diff in component video but it did not work and now i'm using big tv with composite signal....:@

ur lcd monitor doesnt support the resolution of 576i. i.e 720x576i which stb gives via component.
ur monitor only supports the following resolution
1680 x 1050 @ 60 Hz
1600 x 1200 @ 60 Hz
1400 x 1050 @ 60, 75 Hz
1280 x 1024 @ 60, 70, 72 Hz
1024 x 768 @ 60, 70, 75, 85 Hz
800 x 600 @ 56, 60, 72, 75, 85 Hz
640 x 480 @ 60, 75, 85 Hz
720 x 400 @ 70 Hz

hey guys i bought that cable for 400 bucks and returned it in 2 hours as it did not work:wall:...my monitor is 22" viewsonic btw....so if some one gets success let me know.....btw i switched to big tv from tata...and there is not much diff in composite video...i was hoping to find a huge diff in component video but it did not work and now i'm using big tv with composite signal....:@
If you pay another 250RS more, you will get an External TV Tuner card with video in....

So, advantages are...
In future, if you want to connect a pc to monitor, you dont have to keep unplug/plug the cables.

You can use the Dish's Remote as you dont have to scan channels (like RF mode)

You can even get a cable connection and watch once you fed up with DTH (surely a high possibility these days :P)

I have an intex one. which is almost an year old. No complaints as far. I use 17" Viewsonic with it !

If you pay another 250RS more, you will get an External TV Tuner card with video in....

So, advantages are...
In future, if you want to connect a pc to monitor, you dont have to keep unplug/plug the cables.

You can use the Dish's Remote as you dont have to scan channels (like RF mode)

You can even get a cable connection and watch once you fed up with DTH (surely a high possibility these days :P)

I have an intex one. which is almost an year old. No complaints as far. I use 17" Viewsonic with it !
i do have a tv tuner card...but it gives composite signal[i think so]coz it only connects big tv's yellow wire...i wanted to get a good picture through component ...so i tried all this..but in vain...:(

i do have a tv tuner card...but it gives composite signal[i think so]coz it only connects big tv's yellow wire...i wanted to get a good picture through component ...so i tried all this..but in vain...:(

Yes, it is only the yellow wire (video out) ! i never felt bad on picture quality as it the same which goes to even our TV !!

Hey dude dont worry u can connect big tv to internal or external tv tuner cards every tvtuner card has a video in and audio in ports so u can connect that and enjoy as far as internal tv tuner card is conserned u need to insert video in port on internal tv card and select composite option or avin option from the video source dialogbox in particular software.as far as audio u need get a connector named two stereo one rf and connect it in audio in port in internal tv tuner card.

You can watch channels if you have a TV tuner card... I’ve tried it at home...its working fine...

I’m using External USB TV tuner from Enter Multimedia which has got Component Video Cables (Red, Yellow & White), so that you can connect ur DTH cables directly to it. Clarity is good. TV Tuner card cost Rs.1700/- at Thiruvananthapuram, with 1 yr warranty

Hello! I've windows XP professional version , and pinnacle pctv tuner (internal) although big TV works on it but i cant change channels...:( whic so ever channel is set on the tv it is displayed on my PC:( isn't there any way by which i can change channels??? its really irritating...please help asap... thanks in advance!

you cannot control the channel on big tv using the software based interface. you would see the channel which is set on the set top box.

you can't change channel through ur tv tuner card. you have to depend on your stb for channel changing.I don't know about airtel/big tv but I'm using this on CAS

Back